Are you crazy enough to win a Razer Piranha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Razer is running a contest to give away a piranha headset, worth $80.

The contest is simple...
Show us in a video or an image how much you want a Razer Piranha by announcing in a public location
"I WANT A RAZER PIRANHA!"

For instance, send us a video of yourself at a crowded supermarket or lecture hall exclaiming "I WANT A RAZER PIRANHA!" or send us an image of yourself in a packed stadium holding up a sign that states "I WANT A RAZER PIRANHA!"

The most creative submission of the most spectacular location or announcement with the most crowd wins*!

* Contest ends 10th March. Terms and Conditions apply.
Win a Razer Piranhaâ„¢ ! Call the Shots with the Razer Piranha. | Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.â„¢

Yeah, not doing it. Razer makes excellent gaming mice but I prefer other companies when it comes to headsets and speakers, like Sennheiser and Logitech. Good luck with your shoutings Trotter ;).

I'm not going for it. But I know there are several here who would be up for anything like this.

Moi :D. I bet its USA only :(.

Im thinking...The Eiffel Tower, paris. As im stopping there before i go skiing. I will then shout througha microphone hooked up to some 10k watt speakers :)

Moi :D. I bet its USA only :(.

Im thinking...The Eiffel Tower, paris. As im stopping there before i go skiing. I will then shout througha microphone hooked up to some 10k watt speakers :)

Probably worldwide but I'm not sure, Razer sells all over the world not just USA.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

1. ELIGIBILITY
a. The “Call the shots” contest (the “Contest”) is open to all members of public (the “Contestant”), provided that they are at least 21 years of age or have obtained consent from their parent or guardian to enter this Contest.
b. Employees of Razer (Asia-Pacific) Pte Ltd (“Razer”), its affiliates and related entities, and such employees' immediate family members, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.

2. ENTRIES
a. All entries must be submitted through the online submission form (the “Submission Form”) which can be found at Win a Razer Piranha™ ! Call the Shots with the Razer Piranha. | Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.™

b. To be eligible for the Contest, all entries must be in the form of images or video.

If you wish to submit a video, please upload the video to HYPERLINK YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and the title of each Video must start with the prefix “Call the shots with Razer – Your Title Here” in the TITLE field. For example, the title should read “Call the shots with Razer– Supermarket outcry!”.

Each video submitted must have “www.razerzone.com” in the ‘DESCRIPTION' field as the first line.

All videos submitted must conform to the following guidelines in order to be eligible for the Contest:

i) It must not be offensive (or in bad taste).
ii) The making of it must not have endangered any animals.
iii) It must not contain nudity or derogatory remarks/content of either an ethnic, religious or lifestyle origin.
iv) It must be an original work created by you and should not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any other party

A entry's conformity to these guidelines will be decided by Razer in its sole judgment and discretion and such decision will be final.

c. The direct web link to the “YouTube” server of the Video must be included in the Submission Form.
d. All entries must be submitted and received by March 10, 2008.

3. WINNER
a. Razer shall select a winner or winners (“Winner”) for the Contest at random and as its sole discretion. Razer reserves the right to select any number of winners, depending on the number of entries.
c. The Winner(s) will be selected in or about the week beginning March 10, 2008 and announced on Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.â„¢ | Gaming Hardware on or before 14th of March. The winners will also be notified by email.
d. The Winners shall receive one Razer Piranha Gaming Communicator each (the “Prize”).

4. GENERAL TERMS
a. Except as otherwise provided in specific contest rules, entries may be submitted via Razer's website Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.â„¢ | Gaming Hardware , and must be completed and received on or by the closing date of the contest. Entries received by telephone, fax, postal mail, courier or personal delivery will not be accepted.
b. Entries that are late, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified.
c. Entries must include entrant's name, address, daytime telephone numbers and age.
d. By entering the contest, the entrant accepts and agrees to abide by these rules.
e. Razer shall not be responsible for lost, misdirected or delayed entries.
f. By entering the contest, entrant automatically grants Razer the right to record, publicize and/or use the entrant's name, character, photograph, likeness and voice for promotional purposes, without further obligation or compensation to the entrant.
g. As a condition of entry, all contest entries become the sole property of Razer. By entering the contest, the entry submitted by the entrant shall belong absolutely to Razer and may be used by Razer for any purpose whatsoever, without further obligation or compensation to the entrant. All entries shall be retained by Razer and cannot be returned to the entrant, for any reason.

5. RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
a. In consideration of Razer contemplating the entrant's entry and participation in the contest, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the entrant does hereby COVENANT NOT TO SUE, FULLY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE Razer USA Ltd and each of its affiliates, partners and related entities, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, insurers, attorneys, shareholders and representatives, from and against any and all actions, charges, claims, losses, costs, damages, expenses (including attorneys' fees and expenses) and liabilities of any kind or character, whether known or unknown, in connection with, arising out of or in any way related to entrant's participation in any contest.
b. Razer, its affiliates and related entities, their officers, directors, agents, shareholders, insurers, and employees, assume no responsibility or liability whatsoever for damages, loss or injury resulting from the entrant participating in any contest, attending any related events, and/or accepting or using any prize awarded. Razer shall not be liable for any typographical, administrative, production or distribution errors that may occur in the execution of any contest or in any contest material.
c. All personal information collected in connection with the contest will be subject to Razer's Privacy Policy available at Razer's website Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.â„¢ | Gaming Hardware
d. Razer reserves the right to vary, withdraw or terminate the contest at any time without prior notice and without the need to furnish reason, if in its sole discretion, it determines that the contest is not capable of being run as originally planned.
e. If a Contestant is from a jurisdiction in which this Contest is invalidated or fails to comply with any laws, rules or regulations, then that Contestant shall be precluded from entering the Contest and this Contest shall not apply to that said jurisdiction.

6. PRIZES
a. Prizes are specified within specific contest rules.
b. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, and cannot be transferred or assigned. Prizes are non-exchangeable, and winners are not entitled to any substitution or cash equivalent.
c. Razer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize with another of equivalent kind or approximate value in the event of the unavailability of any prize or component of the prize for any reason whatsoever.
d. Taxes, if any, on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Prior to the delivery of any prize, Razer reserves the right to collect from the winner any taxes it deems appropriate.
e. Winners will be selected as described in the specific rules of each contest, and will be notified by email.
f. In the event that a prize is mailed to the winner, the winner assumes the risk of the prize's safe arrival.
g. Winners must provide proof of age and photo identification before any prize will be awarded. The only accepted types of photo identification are government issued photo identifications, including a valid driver's license or passport. Razer reserves the right to deny awarding the prize if the winner fails to provide satisfactory identification, as determined in Razer's sole discretion.
h. In addition, winners agree to execute a declaration of eligibility, indemnification and release of liability before any prize is awarded. Failure to execute any of these documents or comply with any of the terms will result in forfeiture of the prize.
i. Winners must claim and pick up their prize by the deadline specified, or thirty (30) days from the date their name is first announced if a deadline is not specified. Failure to claim and pick up prize within this time for any reason will result in forfeiture of the prize. Razer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award unclaimed prizes to alternate contestants or not to award the unclaimed prizes.
j. Any additional costs relating to the prizes, and incurred as a result of accepting the prizes, is the sole responsibility of the winner.
k. If a Contestant wishes to know the Contest winners, he is to send a self-address and pre-stamped envelope to Razer USA Ltd at 2035 Corte Del Nogal #101 Carlsbad, CA 92011, clearly captioned with the Contest name.

7. DISQUALIFICATION
a. All entrants agree to be bound by these rules. Razer, inits sole discretion, further reserves the right to disqualify any person for (i) violating any of these rules, (ii) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Razer website, (iii) gaining an unfair advantage in participating in the contest, (iv) obtaining winner status using fraudulent means, or (v) engaging in otherwise unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing, or threatening behavior.
b. In the event of any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt or damage ordinary and normal operation of the contest, telephone systems or website, or otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the contest, Razer reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.

8. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
a. These rules apply to all Razer contests unless modified or superseded by rules written for a specific contest.
b. In the event any specific contest rule conflicts with any of the general rules provided herein, the specific contest rules prevail.
c. Razer reserves the right in its sole discretion to supplement or make changes to these rules or the specific contest rules at any time without prior notice.
d. Razer reserves the right in its sole discretion to interpret the rules of any contest, and such interpretation shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
e. Decisions of Razer shall be final in all cases.

Oh, look. Razer gets free advertising to hundreds and hundreds of people in exchange for a simple $80 headset.

What a great marketing ploy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom