Yet another reason to stay away from fast food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
at minimal risk of contracting illnesses from the finger because the chili was cooked.

WELL YOU WOULD HOPE SO HEY!

my thoughts on it. The chick planted the finger there.

yeah did they check to see if the lady who bit into it was missing a finger!?! :p

LMAO... it just came on as I was reading this thread and the news link...

Ohhh... no... they're giving away free FROSTIES!!!

Yeah, free frosties for the whole weekend! Very interesting... I heard about this flipping through the local channels, but never connected it when I stopped by after work on Saturday... a free frosty, hmm? Now I get it, woohoo!

But yeah--it's just sick what people will do to try to get a few bucks. And hurting a decent food-chain.

And re the topic of this thread... that is not a reason to stay away. :) There are so many "studies" these days showing home-cooked food can be just as bad/dangerous. Think about it: someone can just as easily go put a little poison on the top of a soda can at the local grocery store... or it could go all the way back to the company. Nonetheless, just live life, and don't be afraid! Aha:p

Xula said:

And re the topic of this thread... that is not a reason to stay away. :) There are so many "studies" these days showing home-cooked food can be just as bad/dangerous. Think about it: someone can just as easily go put a little poison on the top of a soda can at the local grocery store... or it could go all the way back to the company. Nonetheless, just live life, and don't be afraid! Aha:p

Thats not the reason to stay away from fast food and stay with home cooked food. Fast food is completely void of all nutritional content, there is literally nothing nutritional in a burger from Wendy's or McDonalds. Have you seen the show "30 Days" or read the story "Supersize Me"? About that dude who, for one month straight, ate nothing but fast food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He gained massivre amounts of weight, and was literally dying by the end. Before he started, he was in peak physical condition for a man his age, couldnt be healthier. After the month, it took him the better part of a year and a half to get back into shape.

I stay away from fast food as much as possible. I'm not in the greastest of shape, and I'm not a fitness freak, but I would like to be in better shape. There is almost nothing worse you can do for your body than eat fast food. Just look at the nutritional facts at the store. There is some 700+ calories in one Big Mac. To put that into perspective, a teanage male should only eat approx. 2200 calories a day. An entire value meal at McDonalds (Burger, fries, drink) give you EASILY 1500 calories. That is more than half of a days intake of calories, in one meal that isnt that good and does not fill you up. That is a perfect reason for me to stay away from fast food, I dont know about you.

Has anyone mentioned the facts about saturated fat and steriods that's in the fast foods?

Sidenote: There are some studies that show that using store bought foods can make home cooking bad. Notice that I said using store bought foods. This includes cans that have been in warehouses with all types of dust, toxins, and vermin feces. That does NOT make home cooking dangerous or as bad as eating at fast foods. It makes using the containers that food comes in bad. I had almost forgotten about the days of picking up a mini-ravioli can, opening it, and eating out of it.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom