YES..... I got a job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations. Have you ever worked on any Apple computers before? Their really quite interesting... You have to use suctions cups to take apart the newer iMacs.

Congratulations. Have you ever worked on any Apple computers before? Their really quite interesting... You have to use suctions cups to take apart the newer iMacs.

Since Unisys does the warranty work for Apple, there is an oportunity for getting my apple certification too.

Pretty much my game plan for this year is settle down in this new job. Then start taking some certifications via Seek Learning.
The other thing that I am going to be doing is replacing my car. I do like my holden astra. However since my new job is going to require me to be on the road all the time, I am going to so start looking for some thing
* Cheaper the run. Either LPG, Desiel or Hybrid
* Some thing that does not require me to change the timing belt every 60 000 km.

I will see what sort of deals that are going on at the end of the june this year.

Meh, I use sticky tape :) just make a 'handle' by sticking the middle bit of a piece of tape together.

I'm suppose to have all these dell certs before I start on wednesday. However Dell is currently updating the website and it might be another 24 hours before they are done. So they have told "Don't worry if you don't have any thing completed my wednesday"

Glad you found a new job so quickly. Good luck, hopefully you'll have better luck at this employer than your previous. Congrats again!

Glad you found a new job so quickly. Good luck, hopefully you'll have better luck at this employer than your previous. Congrats again!

I am quite sure I will. I am sure that my previous employeer is currently looking from some one young and dumb and at half price to replace me. Good luck to them. I sure that they are going to find some wizzkid that can work on computers. However look luck on finding some one with the knowledge for POS terminals and Cash Registers.

Survived my first week at Unisys.

What I am doing there is this : Dell is out sources Unisys for the onsite support for warranty / support.
What they will have me doing shortly is a Dell Break Fix. That is onsite repair of computers. But in order to do that, I need to complete my Dell Certifications. Training for this takes a bout a day, however currently Dell is moving servers for all the training. So I will not be able to continue with this until the end of next week.
The other job that I amd doing is the Deskside support for verious companies. The company I am currently working with is Sydeny Water. Most of the time, I am setting up new PC and Laptop for the staff members when the previous on is end of lease. So we come in, format the hard drive on the old PC. Then with the PC we format the hard drive, then load every thing up via Sydney Water (or what ever other company) Windows Xp image. After windows is finish installing, the computer then connects to the network and then starts downloading all the other applications for that desktop.
The other thing is that i do have to some troubleshooting for the software too. This is nothing too hard. Most of the time is little things like re-installing a printer or troubleshooting a wireless connection.

Over all, it easy work and the pay is not bad.

Great to hear, mate. You deserve a decent shake after all the crap you've put up with the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom