Yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Sorry about the iPod thing. I remember the post somewhere when you told us that you had sent it in...hoping that they would possibly fix it (no such luck then, I'll assume).

Could you describe what about it is better and worse then the iPod for us? I'm planning on getting an iPod sometime soon...I don't think I'll end up getting an imitation, but I'm keeping my options somewhat open.

the iPod's are good , but for the money you can get a better mp3 player.

IMO they are overrated/overpriced

my friend bought an mp3 played that has 40gb and can play videos...which means u can play full movies ...since a movie is like couple of gigs...for about $400

I'm in love with my iPod... it was well worth the price for me (then again, I got it for $50 cheaper than they normally are).

I loved my iPod too, and I'll be the first to admit that YES, the iPod is NICER, and EASIER TO USE, than the ZEN XTRA. BUT, the ZEN XTRA has MORE SETTINGS/OPTIONS, and BETTER SOUND QUALITY than the iPod.

Beleive me, I liked my iPod much more than I like this thing. I like it, but at the same time...The iPod was just so much easier to use and sync with the computer. This thing also has longer battery life, which is a big plus for me since I travel all the time.

Well, in America you can get another battery replacement for like $99 or something, but I wanted longer battery life, as in 14 hours vs. 8

With the iPod the only way you will get 8 hours of battery life would be to turn off the backlight, put on a super long playlist, and don't touch it while it plays through at medium volume. If you don't do that, and you use the backlight and controls often, you can expect around 6-7 hours.

With my Zen I get around 12-13 hours of battery life off of a three hour charge. AND the battery is user replacable. I can take off the front cover with a little switch down at the bottom and take out the battery all by myself. Wow, amazing. This means that I will be able to replace the battery when it starts going dead.

I have a couple of things to those who have problems with their iPod's measly 8 (or less) hour battery life. First thing, while this is perfectly acceptable for daily use where the iPod can be charged easily nightly, it is most certainly not acceptable for things like long airplane rides or car trips.

What to do? Complain? Buy a $70 (COMPLETE RIPOFF) Belkin AA (takes four of 'em) battery pack??????? NO! Come on!!!! MAKE YOUR OWN BATTERY PACK. It's not very hard. Only costs a few dollars.

You can use an altoids tin, or as found on this site, a card box. Basically, Perry guy has good instructions, but I disagree with him on one point: the fact that he uses two 9 volts 2 AAs. His purpose for doing this, as he says, is to get as close a voltage drop as the power adapter provides. I would personally use 4 AA batteries. Why? Because
a) that's what the Belkin product uses, and Apple seems to support Belkin's accessories...this also means that the iPod doesn't NEED what the adapter provides...
b) AAs are cheaper then 9Vs and easier to find rechargable versions of
c) It is more convenient if the battery type is consistant.
d) A series circuit takes about five minutes less time to make then a parallel/series combination (yes, I am lazy).
e) AAs must last longer if the Belkin Battery Pack adds 16-20 hours of battery time while Perry's home-built battery pack adds 10.

As for replacing the battery, that can be done too. A bit harder, considering it requires prying open the iPod's case...but it's been done. Personally, it looks like I'm going to be aquiring the means to purchase an iPod this week :cool: ...but I'm thinking it may be wise to wait for the fourth generation iPods that are supposed to come out in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom