Yeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NewCents05 said:
debit cards blow i went .13 cents over what i had and they charged me 60bucks!!

debit cards are just a convenient way of writing a check, basically. all you have to do is keep track of your balance. which, I KNOW, isn't as easy as it seems

molsen said:
debit cards are just a convenient way of writing a check, basically. all you have to do is keep track of your balance. which, I KNOW, isn't as easy as it seems

yea but like i check my account almost daily on the internet and sometimes it takes a while for my last purchase to show up sooo then i think i have more than i have but meh i just use that excuse to void the charge cause i mean 60 bucks for barely going over is ridiculous but if you talk to them about it they void it and just tell you not to do it again. doubt theyll void it twice tho

yea you usually get one, MAYBE two forgiveness voids. just keep your receipts when you buy stuff. that way you'll know if it's been posted to your account yet or not.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Jorsoft03 _ Disagree with your post. IMO
I don't understand why, your post didn't say anything to contradict me and in fact is a lot of what was already said...Besides strictly a credit score isn't all that's looked at when you are considered for a loan. A credit report contains payment/account history for everything you've done over the past like 7 years and it's all taken into account.
NewCents05 said:
debit cards blow i went .13 cents over what i had and they charged me 60bucks!!
Dude get overdraft protection, best thing I ever did. A lot of banks offer it for free now.
molsen said:
it seems we have different uses for credit, which makes the argument kind of silly i guess :confused:
I didn't realize we were arguing, per se, but okay :).
You're prolly right though, I'm younger and and I paid cash for my car so I won't need a loan for one for a while and it'll be several years before I consider moving into a house. The most important things for me right now are to have a decent amount of consumer credit available to me and use it responsibly so I can have these things in the future. My grand scheme here is to just charge my bigger purchases and payem off over a few months. That'll improve my credit rating more than just paying them off right away and I'll pay very little in interest.

One good tip that these credit counsellors all gave is to pay monthly expenses, like your cell phone bill, etc. on your card and then pay it off immediately. It's just paying your bills like normal but it will raise your credit rating, too. Just thought I'd share that since it's a good way of building credit.

which, I KNOW, isn't as easy as it seems
Nah, I've never overdrawn on my bank account with my debit card but that's cause I'm really anal about my cash.

jorsoft03 said:
Paying off your card right away is a bad way to build credit. It builds it slowly (if at all) because all it proves is that you can pay bills on time. Credit card companies and banks are only going to be interested in you if they can make a little money off of the interest on your balance.

This is the opposite of my advice on credit cards. SO yes i disagree with what you said. May-be you should re-read, my original post.

But, hey... I"m not saying your thinking is wrong, i'm just saying that I disagree.... Open debate is good.

jorsoft03 said:
Paying off your card right away is a bad way to build credit. It builds it slowly (if at all) because all it proves is that you can pay bills on time. Credit card companies and banks are only going to be interested in you if they can make a little money off of the interest on your balance. Any credit counselor will tell you that the best way to raise your credit score is charge a purchase (not a huge one) and then pay it off over a period of 6 months. For example, with my first credit card (also Visa) I bought a nice digital camera + accessories and pay it off over about a 6 month period. Continuing with this cycle will raise your credit score considerably and you'll receive higher limits, lower interest rates, etc.
Too many people are unable to handle credit responsibly and use it to their advantage and that's what leads to debt. Credit can be a valuable tool but only if you know what your'e doing and sadly most young people like me are pretty uneducated about it and not responsible enough to handle it properly.

Erm, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom