year 3000 crash, lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew you'd have some stupid ass comment like that fading, particularly because of the 'drug' thread......as I've said in there, I don't get high anymore ;)

I'd love to if I had it or even did it even more :)

The only thing I'm addicted to now is overclocking and spending money on PC parts :D

jorsoft03 said:
I'm thinking there'll be another ice age anyways.
Yep we've been due for an ice age for about 20 years ice ages are every 60,000 years and the last 1 was about 60,000 years ago.

3lite Bullet said:
Yep we've been due for an ice age for about 20 years ice ages are every 60,000 years and the last 1 was about 60,000 years ago.

You know that for a fact? As far as ANYONE knows, we've had ONE ice age! So where would ANYONE be able to come up with a statistic like "Every 60,000 years there will be an ice age". That is simply ridiculous, and I piety you if you believe that. We have almost made the world immune to an ice age. Global warming has melted anough of the ice caps so that when they do melt completely, the oceans are only going to rise a few hundred feet. Now, that is still substantial and the world would in fact be in a dire situation, but it would be no Waterworld. (I dont care what anybody says, that movie kicks ass!)

The earth is set to run out of oil within the next 25 years. Some say in 1 year, some 5, some 9, some 20, some 25. Whatever the estimate, it is inevitable. It took millions of years to make all the oil that this earth once had, and it took mankind less than 200 years to deplete it. Unless mankind comes up with some recycling techniques for fossil fuels, we are screwed. When it does happen, that we run out of oil, it is going to catch the entire world by suprise, and it will take us nearly 10 years to catch up to it. So for 10 years, the world would be in utter chaos. Even moreso than it is now. I see a post apocalyptic Mad Max era comming soon.

If anyone thinks that the world will vbe around in 10000 years, they are so wrong. It wont be. The sun is almost dead, may not happen in 10000 years but, in the grand scheme of things, it's death is right around the corner. Also, the entire solar system will moer than likely be wiped out be a supernova or a hypernova. Either that, or we will be hit by an asteroid. Of course, because of the irony factor, it is probably going to be Haley's Comet that destroys us.

The simple fact is, there are so many things that are almost inevitably going to destroy the planet, that even fearing the apocalypse is a mere waste of yours and my time. It is going to happen, one way or another it's going to happen, and when it does, we will most likely not be able to stop it.

Now if the world is not destroyed by an act of god, the creation of full thought-sustaining common sense through AI will be created and we will encounter a matrix-esque time. Because human nature will be put into the thoughts of AI, the robots, like humans, will want power. Only difference si, they are not organic lifeforms and they will be almost in an unlimited supply and more than likely will enslave the entire human race with extreme ease. At that point, our only hope would be either an alien race comming and destroying all of the robots and hopefully will let us live and thrive. I dont think that a star trek era would be in store for us, since AI is really close and somethign like this is more than likely to happen. When AI is created and the robots do make their own civilization, it would become a type 3 civilization in a matter of years. Whereas, at the rate we are going, it would take the humans a few thousand years to get there.

These are very real scenarios, and it's scary, but your best bet is to live in ignorance of it. Ignorance is bliss. Worry about it when it actually happens, because if you think about it realistically, there is nothing you can do to stop any of these from occouring.

Unless mankind can invent something that defies every law of physics that has even been though, and makes the quantum revolution look as old as the creation of fire to man.

I enjoy the discussion of the apocalypse, and a potential post-apocalyptic era, it brings me pleasure.

Damn, what does that say about me? :grind: :confused:

Nubius said:
I'd love to if I had it or even did it even more :)

We should have a forum spliff, and passin that shi'ite around.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]

PASS IT ON!!!

Him said:
If anyone thinks that the world will vbe around in 10000 years, they are so wrong. It wont be. The sun is almost dead, may not happen in 10000 years but, in the grand scheme of things, it's death is right around the corner. Also, the entire solar system will moer than likely be wiped out be a supernova or a hypernova. Either that, or we will be hit by an asteroid. Of course, because of the irony factor, it is probably going to be Haley's Comet that destroys us.

and how do you know that? what proof do you have of that? the sun is BILLIONS of years old, a few thousand years makes ZERO difference to the sun. if you read scientific reports, you'd learn that the sun is actually in the middle of its lifespan, so its still got a few billion years before it starts expanind and becoming a giant. THAT'S when the earth will end, unless we move to some other planet by then.

also, in reponse to everyone else: the pollution that humans are causing is almost nothing in the grand scale of things. the ozone layer is contstantly repairing itself. yes, we've caused a few holes (and even that i could argue, we have no proof that it was becasue of our cars and facteries), but in 10 years, they'll be repaired. the increase in temperature that has everybody so freaked out can have nothing to do with our cars and facteries spewing out billions of tons of pollution into the air. over the course of history, there have been dramatic increases and decreases in global temperature, this could just be another increase.

in conclusion, i agree that we are wasting many of our resources and greatly decreasing the quality of life with all the crappy air in the cities and whatnot, but in the grand scale of things, i don't think it's that big of a deal. the earth will repair itself, the temperature will go back down eventually and cause the people (or whatever other "things" are living then) alarm because the temp is going down for them.

personally, i'm not worried about the planet. about the plants and animals we've indirectly caused to go extinct, yes i'm worried and pissed at our thoughtlessness, but in a thousand years, for all we know there could be new animals (or not). all i'm saying is that we cannot prove what's gonna happen in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom