Yeah, Yeah, Technology Makes You Dumb

I can only so so agree with some of these. Most of them are just the description of most idiots roaming this planet. I'm on some form of technological device 24/7 and don't suffer from any of these except insomnia which I've always had, a side effect from my previous line of work. Definitely don't agree with #6. I can navigate without GPS quite easily but I prefer it as a just in case. I know some people who get lost just turning a corner with or without a GPS.

agreed.

I've had some teachers in the past say, yeah, I'm allowing open book tests because in the real world you'll be able to look things up." This bothers me to no end. A person's intelligence isn't gauged by what they can look up. Moreso what's in their head at that time. Many times I've been in conversation and wanted to comment on something I've read online. Then, what? Grab the phone and let the moment pass too long for the answer to be relevant anymore.

Also, on gps. I like to use it as an aid. I think looking at the map beforehand helps a bunch. I find using several different techniques to be most effective.

Modern Day Twilight Zone would have chips implanted in our kids heads and download knowledge like Neo. How much capacity is in your brain sector, then, huh? Better upgrade that sucker.

Back
Top Bottom