Yay, A+ Certified at last

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdinkel

Daemon Poster
As of today, May 13 2005 I am certified by Comptia.

Took me twice on the bloody hardware (Printers kicked my ass hardcore, until I read the part about the lasers, fusers, and whatnot).

Now, if only I can get BASIC / Java programming under my belt NEXT semester.

I remember one of my high school teachers was studying for his A+ back when. Wonder if the old fella got his thing yet.. :-\.. I didn't think A+ was still popular after the tech sector crash. But, I guess it is :). Congrats :)

Relatively easy.

I'd say learn IRQ's, SCSI and Printers (the printing process in lasers printers is stressed a lot.

Good luck Fading theory. There wasn't anything dealing specifically with Linux or MAC, but there was a lot about MBR, Win9x-NT (NT, 2k,XP architecture), and NETWORKING (which almost kicked my ass this time around), which if you understand LILO and GRUB (from Linux), and how the NT boot process works, it helps a whole lot.

Except on one question about listing a directory, I looked for LS instead of DIR:D

I got my Core done... OS on wensday.

I saw alot on networking... is annoying, because thats what I need to work on. -_-

Studing helped though, passed.

How did you study for the A+?? Im pretty much haveing to do it on my own, i didnt get the chance to take a class.

horndudes right.

I just got my certificate in the mall...

And a suggestion: Study everything NT, from the boot process, to the start menu. They hammered me hard on that in the OS exam.

the a+ exam brings back a fond memory of my father and i sitting in our basement with a computer opened. he was soldering a main board together and i was watching with such a unique respect and awe. my mother took pictures. :) that was many many many years ago though.....in a galaxy far far away even.
but, my utimate goal will soon be realized when my father becomes my employee and his path to the dark side will be complete. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom