Yahoo! Music (yes, a rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdude425

Member (again)
OK, I need to let off a little steam. Today has been a really long day. The closest victim? Yahoo! Music...

I've been looking for an excuse to vent about it for sometime now, and now I have one. It really pisses me off that Yahoo! Music does not let you use Firefox, Opera, Mac OS X, Mac OS 9 (even though they say they do! It just locks up.) or Linux to access their services.

What, just because we're smart means we should be treated like second-class citizens?

I've sent them five complaint emails, and what do they do? They don't even give me the time of day to send me an automated "Thank you for your response..." letters. Pitiful.

I know, I know, you're thinking "mac, get over it, its just a friggin' radio service." But the point here is that I'm being discriminated against because I choose to be different.

Now I feel better :D

It's stupid whatever it is. I don't think Yahoo! feels it needs to accomodate users that aren't in the outright majority. That's why Google seems to be surpassing them, as they are more attentive to mac, linux, firefox users, etc. and are more supportive of the open-source community. And who knows, maybe they've got some sort of back room deal with Micro$oft and that's why Yahoo! only allows their software to work Windows/IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom