Xtremesystems.org HACKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
still not working

but a lot of sites take hours for me to load b/c of my crappy adelphia cable connection

Okay lets assume it was properly setup

Than they would have had to pissed off someone who was smart, and they hacked them. This reverts back to it's your own fault thing IMO.

And im just tired with everything like Him, keep preaching xtremesystems.org like their god's. And the antistatic bag isnt the only dumb incorrect crap I have seen over their in the 10 minutes I spent looking at it.

when they think an antistatic bag is conductive and lots of other stupid crap.
Wtf....this stupid ass arguement was in THESE forums....I remember because there was some dude who had the same avatar as you chris and I kept commenting to you thinking it was you 'with the friend that said anti-static bags are unsafe' but it was some other dude whos name started with an "R" or something and had the canadian flag as well...

regardless that's just one ignorant person out of god knows how many...you can't possibly wrap everyone up at XS in one group..say it's OC'ers (although yes it primarily is) and then talk about someone not setting up the server right....that website has been through tons of updates, and then they straight moved the damn thing and it gets defaced....that'd be someone who just either has a grudge or wants to take down a well known site.

And the antistatic bag isnt the only dumb incorrect crap I have seen over their in the 10 minutes I spent looking at it.
Then what else exactly...and beyond that what is the 'reputation' of the members who are spouting this dumb crap?

That'd be like someone taking one glance over here at TF where it's a breeding ground of stupid comments and saying everyone in it and the entire place sucks.....

TF is the breeding place of alot of dumb comments. I am just saying, that everyone think's that EVERY major poster at Xtremeforums.org is god, which they arn't.

Anyways, that retarded antistatic bag thingy was over their too.

Anyways, that retarded antistatic bag thingy was over their too.
I know for a fact that crap was over here....it may have been said over there, but I first saw it from some douche over here before anything else...so that's a weak arguement right there, plus it's a LOT of people that's what a forum is, so theres always bound to be misinformation...common sense will weed out the ones that are ignorant.

XS is highly recognized because they have a ton of members who hold a shiatload of world records....that's mighty impressive...of course I only consider maybe, around 5 of them that I know are mentioned at any OC'ers convention and across many websites are recognized....there are people there who know ridiculous amounts of things about computers...hell I've seen one dude create his own little box for adjusting PSU Voltages and crap...it's crazy how people can make that from scratch.

No doubt they aren't gods, but come on..."Oh the admin made some dumb server mistake" is pretty short sited especially if the page was actually defaced and the site wasn't simply just down temporarily

Nubius said:

XS is highly recognized because they have a ton of members who hold a shiatload of world records....that's mighty impressive...of course I only consider maybe, around 5 of them that I know are mentioned at any OC'ers convention and across many websites are recognized....there are people there who know ridiculous amounts of things about computers...hell I've seen one dude create his own little box for adjusting PSU Voltages and crap...it's crazy how people can make that from scratch.

Controlling PSU voltages is not that hard, I may have to build me one of those boxes.

I will use a breadboard though, may not be a true "Box"

well the site might have been "hacked" but it was not the work of hackers, but rather "script kiddies"...

Hackers make the scripts, the kiddies use the scripts.

uzi9mm said:
well the site might have been "hacked" but it was not the work of hackers, but rather "script kiddies"...

Hackers make the scripts, the kiddies use the scripts.

Haha well said.

Controlling PSU voltages is not that hard, I may have to build me one of those boxes.

I will use a breadboard though, may not be a true "Box"
Ok....I'd like to see this little project of yours if it's not that hard then.

Beyond that I forget exactly what this little thing of his did...I'm pretty sure you plugged the PSU into it, and you could change things or adjust for RAM...something along those lines...he straight bought PCB and the components needed and made it from scratch...

Basically you can tell he knows his electronics...so yeah I'd like to see this of yours.

Plus theres people like Chilly1 who are incredibaly knowledgable about phase change, building them, and the gasses and combination of gasses that give the best temp results.

their just people who make things run faster than they are.
That is just a blanket statement...theres a wide variety of people there who have stronger fields than others.

Point being there is a reason why those people at XS are highly recognized...now seen as gods....no not quite, it's just crazy how insane people get with these machines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom