Xtremesystems.org HACKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I dont know if any of you knew, but it looks like xtremesystems.org was hacked on 8/14/05. Quote from the front page:
Posted by: Admin on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 11:32 AM
As most of you know the forums home page was defaced. The data is fine and we are correcting the problem now.

That sucks.

Yeah, still sucks for them though. Wonder how long until TF gets hacked. I would say Dale would be the one to do it, but he's too dumb. :p

DJ-CHRIS said:
Naah, it's just xtremesystems.org must have not known how to configure a server.

Are you serious? I cant believe you said that, as it is completely stupid. They must not have known how to configure a server, therefore it was defaced? Man Chris, you have had a huge amount of extremely pretentious posts lately.

Well, their not gods, their just people who make things run faster than they are. I am tired of hearing how godly they are, when they think an antistatic bag is conductive and lots of other stupid crap.

Probolly using PHPBB 2.1 or w/e

DJ-CHRIS said:
Well, their not gods, their just people who make things run faster than they are. I am tired of hearing how godly they are, when they think an antistatic bag is conductive and lots of other stupid crap.

I am completely with Chris on this one. While there's a lot of them there that I am sure are knowledgable at overclocking and modding, there is a LOT more to computers you know :).. I would imagine only a few of those overclockers even understand WHY they are doing a certain thing.. Not in terms of what they achieve, but "why" it achieves the end result.

Obviously, there are a few really really smart people there that knows computers inside out on every respect. But, don't credit "everyone" simply b/c they know how to overclock their computer :)..

And being an overclocker has nothing to do server security. If they got hacked, yeah that probably means, they didn't know how to set it up correctly.. lol

I'm not saying they're godly, how did you get that?

They are using VBuilletin, same as TF.

Now, the members over there have NOTHING to do with the Admin's, so I dont see how you can say that since some idiot told you that an antistatic bag was conductive, it is reflective on the admins and they are therefore morons and you are smarter than them.I see how you are sying you are smarter than them, though I dont see it justified in you thinking that. And what is saying that they are using PHPBB 2.1, why did you even say that? To try to show your smarts? Thats what it is, a blatent attempt at showing off, you do it all the time. Get over yourself man, they were hacked, front page defaced. Not them not knowing how to set up a server. Although they probably dont when it comes to you, oh god who knows everything.

Him said:
I'm not saying they're godly, how did you get that?

They are using VBuilletin, same as TF.

Now, the members over there have NOTHING to do with the Admin's, so I dont see how you can say that since some idiot told you that an antistatic bag was conductive, it is reflective on the admins and they are therefore morons and you are smarter than them.I see how you are sying you are smarter than them, though I dont see it justified in you thinking that. And what is saying that they are using PHPBB 2.1, why did you even say that? To try to show your smarts? Thats what it is, a blatent attempt at showing off, you do it all the time. Get over yourself man, they were hacked, front page defaced. Not them not knowing how to set up a server. Although they probably dont when it comes to you, oh god who knows everything.

PHPBB 2.1 had a well known flaw, I know because I was running PHPBB 2.1, actually it's still installed on a mysql database.

And it was some mod's that thought antistatic bags were conductive too, i was like this cant be, I pulled out 10 different antistatic bags and a multimeter and got testing. Tests show they are not conductive at all :beard:

Overclocking is one of the simplier aspects of PC's, it requires basic electronics knowledge, basic math, good parts and luck. Some of the guys take it one step further with extreme cooling too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom