Xmas Gift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually atm i was thinking the same thing. a net book could be more of what i could use. 6 months ago i would have had no use for a netbook, because i never had to code while away from a desktop, but lately i have not had time to go to my desktop, or while in transit i have thought of ideas that i would not have minded trying out. I think, if a good windows 7 tablet does not come out by like april ish, i might go ahead and buy a 300 dollar netbook. My friend just bought on this week, and i have been using it while in class, and man i actually really like its size, i usually dont like netbooks too. The keys are really big, and the screen is nice as well, a little on the slow side tho. Coding on a tablet would be a pain tho, i would much rather code on a normal mechanical keyboard. Netbooks had kinda crappy battery life tho. The ones i looked at were like 4 hours max, that kinda blows.

Inspiron

The Inspiron Duo is both a tablet and a netbook and will start shipping in the first week of December. It even has pretty good specs as netbooks go (Dual Core Atom, 2gb ram, 7 Home premium, and a Broadcom Crystal HD accelerator). A coworker of mine who is a pretty extensive iPad user got to play with one of the Duo's and really liked it.

If I hadn't just bought a battery for my current netbook it would be at the top of my wish list.

Netbooks can have extremely good battery life. MSI put out one version of the Wind that had a 14 hour battery life and several of their other models were good for close to 8 hours. Even my netbook that has the old N270 and power hungry 945 chipset can easily manage 4+ hours on a 6 cell battery.

That looks kinda cool, can see it being like 550 tho, and that swivel screen inside the bezel looks absolutely retarded lol. Why did they not just make it have a swivel hinge connecting to the bottom part lol.

That looks kinda cool, can see it being like 550 tho, and that swivel screen inside the bezel looks absolutely retarded lol. Why did that not just make it have a swivel hinge connecting to the bottom part lol.

It is $549 for the standard model which is very fair considering the specs (it also has a standard 1366x768 display). I though the screen was odd when it was first announced but after seeing more reviews and talking to someone who got to see one in action it seem to be much more effective than traditional convertible tablets.

Its all over the net. :p

Wonder if it will be 3G capable as I like being able to throw my SIM into my laptop so I can turn in homework and what not when I am away from a connection. (Had to do that the other night lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom