xbox360 laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
i was thinking of doing a "test" of my skills with some of the money i got from prizebook (and i might have won the plasma tv :)) and make an xbox360 laptop.

Like most of my posts in this section, i found this by using that stumble upon extension w/ firefox. http://skytroniks.com/benhell/mirror/x360_page_1.htm

i was looking at this and realized its probably close to 600 or 700 dollars to buy all the parts (screen, keyboard, saudering iron (dont have one), water cooling, etc).

i showed one of my untechie friends who has no idea what i was talking about, and he said he might want to buy one, which gave me the idea of selling them

how much do you think i should sell it for to him? o and btw it takes a good 20-30 hours of work to make it function correctly.

that prizebook stuff is tricky, all require some sort of credit card or home address where they can either send u spam mail or steal from you.

do you have access to everything that guy does? it seems like it'd be difficult to get the keyboard cutouts and what not, not to mention the custom case.

i would think it'd take more than 20-30 hours to do all of that.... it took that guy 3 months.

however, if you did finish it, i wouldn't sell it for under $1000. that's ALOT of work...

it's bad@$$ though!!

@R1C0CH3T - that wasnt the POINT of the thread, but i mean i've gotten like 250 from them so far and on the 24th they're gonna say whether or not i won in washington..

@molsen - i have almost everything... i think he just makes the case doesnt he? i skimmed over it but im reading it now. I mean if he can get it im sure i could somehow.

Also, you have to understand that he was a trail-blazer... once u do it once it takes you a fraction of the time to do it again... so if he lays it out for me to [play it out, lol] read and refer to, i think i could make it work. I mean 30 hours all together, not at one time... 30 hours over the cours of 2 months

i was thinking something like 1000 too, but i wasnt quite sure if i could get ppl on ebay to pay that or what.... cause it does seem a little sketch... "I HACKED IT UP TO MAKE IT A LAPTOP BEOTCH!!! BUY IT NOW FOR 1000USD!!!!"

lol yea, i'll totally keep u guys posted...... but dont expect something really soon lol

maybe in a month i'll be all pumped like "IM GONNA DO IT!!!!"

i've done a few things... just whatever i needed to do... one of my more skilled ones was turning my printer/scanner into a faxer too (lmao)... but in more seriousness this would just be a nice test of my skills as i said earlier

have u?

edit: i just noticed this... how is it portable? i didnt see him adding a battery or anything like that.... or is it "portable"

Hmm... It's a cool "mod" but it still doesn't solve my mouse+keyboard problem. If I were going to do a "mod" I would make it so I could use a mouse and keyboard. Sure, there's a keyboard, but where's the mouse?

tommyboy123x said:
i've done a few things... just whatever i needed to do... one of my more skilled ones was turning my printer/scanner into a faxer too (lmao)... but in more seriousness this would just be a nice test of my skills as i said earlier

have u?

edit: i just noticed this... how is it portable? i didnt see him adding a battery or anything like that.... or is it "portable"

no, but that one looks hard as ****, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom