X-Men Origins : Wolverine [Spiolers Ahoy!!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I saw X-Men Origins : Wolverine last night.

Firstly, with the amount of CGI required for this film, especially on the last fight scene, I have no idea why people would be interested in a uncomplete work print that got leaked a few week back.

The movie was good. Things that I did like is was how is showed both Logan/Wolverine and Victor/Sabortooth through all the major wars from the American Civil War to 'Nam. And during this, you could see how Victor just became addicted to killing. However the bad part of this was that there was a lot of build up between both Wolverine and Sabortooth for a fight that we will never see (or last least a fight that will finish off in the first X-Men movie)

The movie also feature a lot of x-characters that were not featured in the previous films. Although most of these characteres with brief in their appearance, it nice to see some new mutants.

However so some one that does read the x-books, the movie was also a bit of let down. Firstly, they really watered down wolverine's involvement with the Weapon X program. However i guess they had to do it because otherwise it would just be way too much explaination.

Secondly, they really f**ked up Deadpool/Wade. Firstly, I was thinking that it would be a good idea to have Ryan Rennolds playing deadpool. However in this movie, they really f**ked him up. I would not be counting on that rumored Deadpool movie.

Emma Frost........ her diamond skin was a secondary mutatation that started off in the Grant Morrison Run of the New X-Men. Her primary abilities were being an ubar-telepath.

The other problem was that was little hard to place when exactly most of this film took place. However once you start seeing Scott Summers just waiting sun glass in a normal school, Professor X showing up at the end, it does suggest that it only a few years before the first X-Men film.
However i would of though that this movie would not of been so close to the first X-Men film.

Anyways, the movie was not so bad. It worth watching. I guess now it just a matter of time before they do the Megento movie.

Anyways, that it it for Marvel movies this year. Next on our plate is Iron Man 2 in 2010.

You know when that guy shot wolverins cigar at his work...I was thinking would not that cause like a mass chaos at his work place. That was kind of lame!

^Us the spoiler tags mate, you don't want people who don't want to know what happens to read stuff like that...yeah i know the title even says "spoilers' But people may just look threw the thread to see if the movie is good, and not just be looking for spoilers.

You know when that guy shot wolverins cigar at his work...I was thinking would not that cause like a mass chaos at his work place. That was kind of lame!

They are just being a group of hard asses. Just like any other top secret comic books covert strike team from the 1990's. I am surprised we did not have the return of Rob Liefield's larger shoulder pads, guns, cybernetics and muscle.

Now lets not derail the thread about Rob Liefield's art work and why does he still have a job in the comic book industry.

One thing I was really disappoint with was that they did not include this

wolverine56.jpg

I really wish they kept the reason why he lost is memories does to him being programmed by the weapon x to become the ultimate killing machine as appose to just getting shot in the head with an Adamantium bullet.

And i do have a problem with trying to fit this movie with the first 2 X-Men movies. The first X-men suggested that he was programmed with false menories. The second movie has Stryker looking much older than he did in the Wolverine. During this film, you see Cyclops in high school shortly after his powers manifested. At the end, you see Prof. X walking, which would also suggest that this was the during the period when Prof X and Magneto was still friends. To me, it feels that they have put the events of ending of Wolverine and X-Men 1 movie extremely close. I'd say about 5 years. I would of expected a bigger gab between the 2 films.

By the looks of the cars and what not they tried to give it a late 70's early 80's look... But I thought wolverine got the metal bones right as the group was first forming? Some things in that movie have really confused me...

By the looks of the cars and what not they tried to give it a late 70's early 80's look... But I thought wolverine got the metal bones right as the group was first forming? Some things in that movie have really confused me...

The problem with the time line is that I can argue this all I want about how the movies should of been based in the 60-70-80's. However all it takes is some one to say Marvel's Floating Time Line Policy, and I can not argue that. However the floating time line and the wolverine movie prime example where this sort of thing does not work. Or at least distorts the character history. It's on so back for Wolverine or Sabertooth as they age slowly. However is screw up other characters.
Eg. Like how long will Peter Parker/Spider-Man still be in school?

According to the comics,

* the Adamantium bone lacing and false memory implants was one of the first things Weapon X did to Logan.

* The Weapon X program goes back as far as World War II. Captain America was dubbed Weapon 1. Wolverine and Captain America did fight along side. It was not until the 60's when Weapon X started to mess around with Wolverine's memories have and gave him the Adamantium bone lacing. So all that happened some time during 'Nam. It's a bit of a shame that they did not have a cameo of Nuke in that 'Nam scene.

* Silverfox is not Emma Frost's sister. Like WTF where they thinking on that one. This does annoy me as Emma Frost is a MAGOR character in the X-titles.

* Emma Frost's diamond skin ability was a secondry mutation which should up many years later. Her first mutant ability is that she is a kill arse telepath. Like see would of given the weapon x staff a pysonic labotomy before getting captured.

* Deadpool....... BBBBBBIIIIIIIIIGGGGGG WTF there. He did get part of Wolverines healing factor, however at the time he was dying of cancer. Introduction of the healing factor did disfigure him, however not to the point that they showed in the movie. He does not have an adamantium sword in his arms. And his teleportation ability is a technology based, not mutant power based.

* Wolverine wouldn't won that fight as easily with Freddie Dukes. Dukes powers include the ability to absorb all physical attacks. He's an unmovable object. Dukes would of owned him big time.

* Agent X. Another WTF. Firstly the guy is german, not asain. Would of been better if they had him show up with his gear that he normally wears in the comics.

WEAPON_X_3.jpg

movie was good....but the timeline is a bit distorted, and correct if im wrong but didnt he get injected when the group formed, and not after they disbanded??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom