Wth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my first ticket about 1.5 weeks ago, for running a stop sign. I was hoping the cop would give me a break, especially seeing as how I pulled over and waited for him to turn around. If I had kept going, I probably woulda been able to lose him in the subdivision. $83.80. And it's pointless for me to try to fight it, because I stupidly admitted to it when he asked me if he knew why he stopped me. D'oh!

it's an interesting thing here. you have to be able to pick which tactic will work in your favour. sometimes you have to go with the straight out "yes officer, i shouldn't have done that" or with "i'm sorry officer, i'm not sure why". some will find one or the other response cheeky. either way you did the right thing by stopping. it's just not worth running from the law. if you get caught you will really be in trouble.

it wasn't that it was so hidden it was just not noticeable at all in the DARK. and the gas station was on the other side of the road but you have to do a SMALL u-turn to get to it. i mean it was like 100 feet away if that

it's an interesting thing here. you have to be able to pick which tactic will work in your favour. sometimes you have to go with the straight out "yes officer, i shouldn't have done that" or with "i'm sorry officer, i'm not sure why". some will find one or the other response cheeky. either way you did the right thing by stopping. it's just not worth running from the law. if you get caught you will really be in trouble.

It's better to say that you don't know because then you have a chance to beat the ticket in traffic court (and mostly likely will if you know how). If you admit to it, they'll write that down as part of their notes on the back of their copy of the ticket, and once that's presented in court, its over for you. I understand where your coming from though. Basically if you admit, perhaps he won't give you the ticket. I don't know man. I'd rather take the ticket, and fight it, as opposed to admitting to it, and get the ticket anyway. Because like I said, if you admit to it, he'll write that down if he does give you the ticket, and you'll usually end up paying it.

Cops are all about intimidation. That's the first thing they teach new cops. They try to get you to confess, because it makes their job a **** of a lot easier. If you don't admit, they have to prove you're guilty.

haha, i tried that tonight when i got the ticket.. i told HER i thought i could turn in that turning lane i didnt see the sign. she said well i recommend you to do Option 3 which is the Driving Course online it will reduce ur ticket by 18%. so either way she was gonna give me the ticket no matter what i said

Reguardless of what you did. If you were doing 120MPH in a 30, still dont admit you did anything wrong. Signing a ticket is NOT an admission of guilt, it is merely acknowledgement that you are being cited and have to go to court. As for the u-turn, do like they said. Call and ask for an extension. I know out here though, cops almost never miss court dates. I hate colorado, the cops dont stop crimes, their only job is to increase revenue.

yeah im gonna extend it for about 60 days. so i aint gotta worry about paying it for a good 2 months. even though i didnt know they charged that much for a illegal turn. thought it would be a small fine. :(

That IS a small fine. Heck, out here, they give fines for no front plate while you car is parked that are over 100 bucks.

Mail in ticket "NOT GUILTY"

Get Court Date

Go to Court

Explain that the "No U-Turn" sign was obstructed by whatever. If posible take a few digital images of said sign or area.

Pay a Much Smaller Court Fee or Donation

Smile

Write Check, Go home and put ice on your anus.

they dont have ticket clinics where you live? i usually just send my ticket to some ticket guy, pay 59.99 and he makes my ticket disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom