WTF is wrong with you people????

Status
Not open for further replies.
??????? that doesn't make any sense dude. the truth commercials have nothing to do with this... they are about making people aware of the truths behind the tobacco industry and the truths of cigarettes. it's designed to motive people to quit and to keep others from starting. it has nothing to do with transference of responsibility or blame.

no...they try to use the basis of getting people to quit and this and that about the tobacco industry, but no...

I never saw an add for tobacco for kids when I was growing up.
I always knew that tobacco was bad, why? The packages give me that info.
In elementary, middle, and high school, we always had either some speaker or science lessen that showed the effects of this and that...tobacco being one of them.

I've never been a smoker and never will...I also have never done any drugs. Drugs are attractively marketed as well aren't they...the whole party scene and all? But can't really sue any entity for monetary gain yet right?
Inhaling smoke....inherently is bad, anyone not a person of heavy mental retardation will know this.

Having a camel as a mascot is not advertising to kids.
Advertising in Sports illustrated is not advertising to kids.
Having tropical inspired themes with colorful packaging is not advertising for kids.
Supposed tobacco add relating to the Muppets is not advertising to kids.

"TRUTH" reaches far and heavy. Sure this may be far extended from the topic, but it explains why there are these types of gunmen nowadays, thank goodness it's Off topic right? Advertising to youth age range of "18-34" was then twisted into "kids". The liquor industry, thankfully is saved from this phenomena...for the time being. Think about that...wine coolers, mike's hard lemonade, Coke and Rum...etc (and I don't really drink either). Muppets started out as humor for adults, and gradually extended to children, but one time and another is conveniently melded into one.

So smoking can give you lung cancer...I know this and didn't need Truth to tell me and liquor can destroy your liver...ahhhh, responsibility, anything forsaken for a buck right?

Simple. It's called "media attention".

The media pastes Korea boy's face all over the news for days, plays his emo videos on the air, and talks about him and his "problems" continuously. Now, every friggin' basket case wants to make his own statement by killing a few and then theirself.
that.... and the fact that the worldwide media is going to over hype and over highlight any short of shooting for the next few weeks.

Plus it was on the same date as the Columbine shootings.

no...they try to use the basis of getting people to quit and this and that about the tobacco industry, but no...

I never saw an add for tobacco for kids when I was growing up.
I always knew that tobacco was bad, why? The packages give me that info.
In elementary, middle, and high school, we always had either some speaker or science lessen that showed the effects of this and that...tobacco being one of them.

I've never been a smoker and never will...I also have never done any drugs. Drugs are attractively marketed as well aren't they...the whole party scene and all? But can't really sue any entity for monetary gain yet right?
Inhaling smoke....inherently is bad, anyone not a person of heavy mental retardation will know this.

Having a camel as a mascot is not advertising to kids.
Advertising in Sports illustrated is not advertising to kids.
Having tropical inspired themes with colorful packaging is not advertising for kids.
Supposed tobacco add relating to the Muppets is not advertising to kids.

"TRUTH" reaches far and heavy. Sure this may be far extended from the topic, but it explains why there are these types of gunmen nowadays, thank goodness it's Off topic right? Advertising to youth age range of "18-34" was then twisted into "kids". The liquor industry, thankfully is saved from this phenomena...for the time being. Think about that...wine coolers, mike's hard lemonade, Coke and Rum...etc (and I don't really drink either). Muppets started out as humor for adults, and gradually extended to children, but one time and another is conveniently melded into one.

So smoking can give you lung cancer...I know this and didn't need Truth to tell me and liquor can destroy your liver...ahhhh, responsibility, anything forsaken for a buck right?
so this has what to do with the thread exactly? nothing. transference of responsibility? negative. do you make sense? no.

next

so this has what to do with the thread exactly? nothing. transference of responsibility? negative. do you make sense? no.

next

sure it makes sense...and so do I, lol. Why deny so much

Might not have direct correlation to the post, but it's meaning does. Don't "truth" your posts with such denials, lol.

Advertising works right? So let's be objective. How come not everyone smokes? How come not everyone drinks? Transerference of responsibility? Absolutely. I am sure you don't believe all the advertisements out there...I trust in that assumption.

transference of responsibility...
from the following:
Why are mass shootings on the rise? - Massacre at Virginia Tech - MSNBC.com
----
Blaming society
Despondent men still kill their families today. But public shooters like Virginia Tech's Seung-Hui Cho are different. They are angrier and tend to blame society for their failures, sometimes singling out members of particular ethnic or socio-economic groups.

“It's society's fault ... Society disgusts me,” Kimveer Gill wrote in his blog the day before he shot six people to death and injured 19 in Montreal last year.
----

The shooters probably watched enough Truth commercials and realized they could do the same.

I stop here though, don't want to get too many angry...not about shootings of course right, but about freedom to sue others for your own negligence.

JUST IMO

sure it makes sense...and so do I, lol. Why deny so much

Might not have direct correlation to the post, but it's meaning does. Don't "truth" your posts with such denials, lol.

Advertising works right? So let's be objective. How come not everyone smokes? How come not everyone drinks? Transerference of responsibility? Absolutely. I am sure you don't believe all the advertisements out there...I trust in that assumption.

transference of responsibility...
from the following:
Why are mass shootings on the rise? - Massacre at Virginia Tech - MSNBC.com
----
Blaming society
Despondent men still kill their families today. But public shooters like Virginia Tech's Seung-Hui Cho are different. They are angrier and tend to blame society for their failures, sometimes singling out members of particular ethnic or socio-economic groups.

“It's society's fault ... Society disgusts me,” Kimveer Gill wrote in his blog the day before he shot six people to death and injured 19 in Montreal last year.
----

The shooters probably watched enough Truth commercials and realized they could do the same.

I stop here though, don't want to get too many angry...not about shootings of course right, but about freedom to sue others for your own negligence.

JUST IMO
dude wtf are you talking about???

people smoke because it's addictive. the truth commercials aren't made by smokers trying to blame their addictions on the tobacco companies like i think you're trying to assert. there is no transference of responsibility in the truth commercials. at least not in the same respect as there is in the gunmen blaming society. there is no analogy or comparison. you're way off here. you should quit now.

Man...........the world man, it's like..........screwed up.

Molsen - I kind of see where the dude is going with the truth commercials. I remember specifically one commercial where the ad starts off with "This is julie. The tobacco companies sent her dad a drill for being a good customer. Unfortunately, her dad died of lung cancer 3 months before. Julie has a question for them" and then the girl steps up with her megaphone

"Why do you sell a product that kills your customers?"

but in reality, I could turn that question and say "Why do customers like your dad, buy a product that kills them" your dad made the choice, so why are you blaming the companies.

Personally, I think the truth ads are lame and very filled with propaganda. The phil morris commercials are actually more filled with "Truth" than the truth commercials are.

Either way though, this has nothing to do with the current situation.

your new name sucks

and i bet you that girl's father started smoking cigarettes before they knew how bad they were for you. so don't give me that switch-the-question-around nonsense. flibbajabba owns joo

your name always has, will and will continue to suck.

So what if that dude started before they knew. He was still alive and didn't have lung cancer by the time they DID know that's for sure. So he had plenty of time to get his crap together and stop. He made the choice to not stop, he made the choice to continue buying them off the shelves, so he made the choice to accept the gamble of being killed by them.

Regardless of that, it's not as if that question was applicable only to that man.

DOWN WITH YOU!!! bubbleface PWNZ0RS flibbajabba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom