WTF! Pay Parking McDonnalds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
This morning I just wanted to get a quick breakfast. Nothing open so i figured that i would get some food subsitute down at McDonnalds before going to my parents. I pull in to the parking lot. I got in. Order food. Just as I finish ordering my food the manager comes by dropping this group of fliers. The fliers states :- Make sure you have your parking ticket at McDonnalds.

I have yet to pay for my food. I look at the manager with this confused look.
Me :- Excuse me? What this?
Manager :- You need to purchase a parking ticket to use are parking lot. You can purchase a ticket from there.
Look out on the parking lot. There is only about 4-5 cars there. At the opposite end of the parking lot there is the ticket machine.
I then look at the manager.
Me :- Thank you.
I then put my credit card in my wallet. I got into my car and drove off.

Like WTF? Since when did McDonnalds required pay parking. Is this just a sign of the economy going down hill as Maccas now as to pay for parking.

I have been living in the area for about 3 years now. I know that there is a problem with parking in the area. However over the last 3 years I never had a problem getting parking down there.

Anyways, I figured that would be last time I am going there if they feel the need charge for thier parking spots.

Hungry Jacks FTW?

PAY to park at McD's? I'm sorry but those clowns should be giddy with joy anyone bothers to eat at their crap restaurant at all. Let alone pay for the privilege to do so. And pay for what, a 15 minute stay? Less if it's take out?

That's likely being seen since people will leave a car parked in their lot and shop elsewhere to avoid pumping coins into meters! At that particular location they may be getting too congested where regular customers don't or won't see a parking space available when they decided to eat there not simply pass through to the drive through window.

THey can just put up a "McDonalds Parking Only" sign and tow violaters. Happens plenty in a lot of cities around here and definitely makes you think twice about exploiting that parking lot.

The other problem they may be having is simply seeing people loiter around long after sitting down to eat with the little ones playing on the MD amuzements or simply not moving on for other customers to have seating and parking. They figure imposing a fee will keep plenty of parking available for drawing more customers in.

(plus someone figured out a way to grab more do re' me when things get busy.:rolleyes:)

I know that I've McMentioned coming down there before KC. When I actually get around McTo it, we are going to have to have a McSerious discussion about your country. I'm not trying to get thrown into a McJail while down under for something silly like crossing the street while walking backwards. You all have some McSilly McLaws. I would need to McKnow them before I McTravel down McThere.

BT McWay, Happy Holidays!!!

McLove,
McMichael

(for the record, I just got back from work not too long ago, so I have a McPass for being up right now)

If they're worried about people using the car park to go elsewhere then they should do what my local Waitrose does. Which is you recieve a tecket at a barrier on the way in, get it stamped when you buy your food and show it to a man operating another barrier on the way out.
Then charge people who don't have a stamped ticket. Also maybe say "you will be charged for staying over 2 hours"

Paying to park when you're buying their food is just ridiculous...
You should suggest that ^ to your MacDonalds, see how they take it :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom