WTF Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagleboy

In Runtime
My girlfriend called me up yesterday, to tell me that her dad ordered a Dell for her for $800.

Does she not know that I build computers? I mean, good lord.

Now, I will be at her dorm room fixing the POS computer she ordered once a month or more. Whereas, I told her months ago, I would build her a quality computer no problem.

I want to scream. Or shoot something. I'm sure you guys understand my frustration.

Well, I know exactly how you feel. Someone I know just got a Dell Dimension for her birthday. And her kids and husband damn well know that i build computers and am a tech.

LOL - I told them not to call me when something goes wrong with it. They laughed, but i was serious... oh well.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Well, I know exactly how you feel. Someone I know just got a Dell Dimension for her birthday. And her kids and husband damn well know that i build computers and am a tech.

LOL - I told them not to call me when something goes wrong with it. They laughed, but i was serious... oh well.

Word, I fix computers at school, pretty much by word of mouth.

I have fixed one eMachines, and 9 Dells so far.

Not only that, but they're completely ridiculous problems that you would never encounter if Dell didn't exist. What a headache.

Actually my mom has had a dell for around 2-3 years now and she has not had any problem from what I can remember, mabe she got lucky, in my opinion I would rather build my own than buy from a company, which I've done, but if they are willing to shell out more money for a dell then so be it. A lot of people give dell a bad rap but I honestly don't see why, if you buy a $500 dell you probably aren't lookin at getting the latest technology for running the latest games maxed out, just wanting to listen to music, internet, aim, email, etc. and the reason for buying a dell is probably cause you don't know enough to build your own. I doubt you will be having to go and fix her comp once a month (I sense exaggeration :p)unless she has a virus or spyware but that is the users fault

Heyyo,

Tell your gf you want what's best for her, and you can provide it. A woman loves a man that takes charge. ;)

well.. most do anyways. :p

[EDIT]
Btw, I think the animated gif in shawn's sig shows your future trying to repair that dell... lol. :p

bangin6yf_26593_26853_224.gif

lol, but yeah, shawn, that's a cool animated gif, lol, top knotch on the animation. ;)

Foyman said:
I doubt you will be having to go and fix her comp once a month (I sense exaggeration :p)unless she has a virus or spyware but that is the users fault

I base that figure on my own experience. Yeah, it's a bit of an exaggeration, but really, I have seen a whole lot of problems. My parents have had a dell for the past 5 years with no problems, but I have seen too many problems with Dells to suggest they have a good rep.

yea I guess, being that you fix comps at a school you see alot more dells than I do I was basing my opinion on my personal experience but if dells are really that problematic that really sucks, and yea I remember my last year in high school they were often fixing the compaq computers, probly some kids doing crap that messs up the computer

my friend bought a dell PC. He knows very well that me and another buddy of mine are completely computer savvy and can build a quality system no problem. He then helped his brother order a dell online. Of course, little brother is 14 and believes everything big brother says. I was like... Alex, I coulda saved you 200 dollars and made it better! So big brother was like.. hey, they 'work'. Hardly...

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
my friend bought a dell PC. He knows very well that me and another buddy of mine are completely computer savvy and can build a quality system no problem. He then helped his brother order a dell online. Of course, little brother is 14 and believes everything big brother says. I was like... Alex, I coulda saved you 200 dollars and made it better! So big brother was like.. hey, they 'work'. Hardly...

Ryan

People just don't understand the quality difference between a Dell mobo, and an Intel/ASUS/Soyo board.

And the fact that usually if you build a $600 computer, the competing Dell will be around $1100. Yeah, they work, but they won't work well, or for long.

MAN I'm pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom