Wow. NCIX imits Harddrives to 1 per customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
True as this may be, but EVERY manufacturer has raised their prices tremendously over this. I bought my 2TB drives for 69 a pop and now I can't get one for under 150. 3TB drives were just over 200 and now they want 400? Like I said, looks like some money grubbin to me. I am to understand that at least Seagate has a plant over here and they have "doubled production" according to something I read. So exactly why are they so **** over priced? I just don't see OEM's having that much demand over every single size of drive out there from every single company producing drives.

Many of the manufacturers are probably money grubbing. One company has to raise prices and the others seize the opportunity to jack there prices up.

This is just like the diamond industry, there probably is no genuine shortage, but they will stockpile them and ship them out slowly to keep demand above supply and prices high while they can get away with it.

This is better for pretty much every part of the chain except consumers.

I ain't seen them going down on newegg, I was looking at a 500GB 7200RPM drive that costed $150... Then the 1TB version was $170?
3TB 7200RPM was 400 and now it can be had for 250. The 2TB was hovering around 289 and now it can be had for 150 again. I'm talking Seagate though. That to me is dropped a little. Nothing like it was, but better than after the floods.

WD first reports 9 out of 10 factories are operational
9 out of 10 in Thailand or overall?
Because even with their Thai factories flooded it shouldn't be this bad...

WD Corporate Fact Sheet said:
Headquartered in Irvine, California, the company employs approximately 62,000 people at manufacturing facilities in California, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Brazil
Looked at Seagate's site, couldn't find where their plants are but their finances are posted, can't wait to see the financial reports for the last 2-3 months.

9 out of 10 in Thailand or overall?
Because even with their Thai factories flooded it shouldn't be this bad...

Looked at Seagate's site, couldn't find where their plants are but their finances are posted, can't wait to see the financial reports for the last 2-3 months.
You are further proving my point. It is what I'm complaining about. Right after the incident Seagate said they are doubling production in their American plant to meet demand yet here we are with high prices AND WD wants to say they wont flatten again until 2013. Now I would take all this with a grain of salt since it's the internet and information can't all be legit, but if it is this is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom