Wow....this must suck....

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Gotta love all of the surplus power.... We don't even pay for it here.. its free :).. great If you wanted to start a folding farm lol.

England is fine for power... we use whatever we want, and the price is fairly cheap.

We have 3 Computers left on 24/7, A home theatre set up (Large screen, amp, dvd player, xbox 360, SKY-HD, 7 Speakers etc etc) on for about 14 hours a day, 1 laptop, 2 electric fires, a large fridge, 8 more tv's, about 40 lamps :cool: ... erm and the other random crap like dishwashers kettles etc etc. And are bill is surprisingly cheap :).

The last time are power went off, was... hmm.... 4 Years ago i think.

KMAN, being British is great isn't it...

I have never had a power outage in Liverpool (just missed out on that huge one by half a mile).

The main story sucks/

Sheehan said both Muliaga and her son told the technician she was dependent on the oxygen machine to stay alive and invited him into the house to see it. "Then he cut the power off," Sheehan told The Associated Press.

WTF...:freak:

US dosn't have a limit, and for the most part the entire country has an excess of power (most, not all). The bill just gets higher untill your bank account flat lines.

And the lady should have told the electric COMPANY ahead of time... they can't be expected to know this crap unless someone tells them in advance. Otherwise, some random jerk off will screw up.

And like hefemeister mentioned, something like that should always have a backup battery or something.

Terrible to hear about what happened. while battery back-up would have been nice, I doubt they could have afforded it, since they were behind $122 on the electric bill. I wonder how many MONTHS behind they were that it got cut off. I missed a month of my electric bill because the online banking didn't work right the first try.... never got a disco notice.

I am just 14 years old, I could not afford something like that. At most computer shuts down unexpectedly owing to power overload cause in my apartment every electronic is on, the two refregators, the 4 Tvs, the two air-conditioners, the one pc (24h min), the laptop, the washing machine, the printer and other small electronics, so all those machines are overloading the net when other users are using energy up, that's why we pay a fortune to the month bill.

I would hardly call that 'unexpectedly'..... If you are doing something important on the PC, why not shut off something? Maybe things in Greece are different, but here, my parents, (and most others I know) teach children to turn off lights and tv's or whatever when they leave the room., and won't be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom