Wow, I'm really starting to hate UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester070993

In Runtime
OK so I ordered my computer parts on Christmas day, and there was so much stuff that newegg had to ship the stuff in 2 different packages. Anyway, right now I am in Lake Tahoe, and on the UPS website, it said my one of my packages were suppose to come on 12/30. So I ask my friend who lives next door to pick up the box when it comes and leave it in his house until I get back. On the 30th, I kept checking the website with the status. And, at around 8:30, it finally said that "THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE" but nowhere on the website did it say that I had to be there to sign it. Now it is coming on the 2nd, and I told my friend to write on the note to deliver it to my his house and sign it. So he did that and hopefully UPS will read the **** thing and listen to it. Thats the first thing that I am ****ed about.
As for my second package, it shipped late, but then they changed the delivery date 4 times! Now it is suppose to come on the 2nd as well, but I have no idea what to do because I am not home and there is definitely going to be a signature required. Does anyone have any advice on what to do, so my UPS can still drop off the package? I was thinking about writing a note on the door bell saying to please deliver that package next door.

Anyways, sorry about my long rant, I'm just ****ed. Any advice would be appreciated.
Is there also anyway to tell UPS that I don't want a signature when it is delivered? Like on the website can I do that?

hmm never had newegg require a signature. just tell your friend to sit on the front porch and wait for the ups man and have him sign for it.

hahah that works to but I think he has stuff to do. So I told him top write on a post-it not saying "please deliver package next door". Do you think that will work?

Yeah, true. But I was also wondering if the UPS website, is there anyway to say that you don't want a signature?

You can write your signature on a note and tape it to your door with a note stating your circumstances.

Yeah I was thinking about that. But I have no way to do that because I am not home. Could my friend possibly sign it? Does it really have to be signed at all, because if so, then I'm screwed.

Call UPS and have them hold the package(s) at their terminal so you can pick them up, or your neighbor can pick them up.

they didnt leave a tag on the door allowing you to sign it? fedex has done this to me in the past.
Yes, they did. My friend wrote on the note to deliver it to his house. But that was for the first package. Now my second package is going to come tomorrow for the first time, so my friend is going to write on a note to also deliver it to his house.
Call UPS and have them hold the package(s) at their terminal so you can pick them up, or your neighbor can pick them up.
Do you think they would be able to do that tomorrow even if it is suppose to be delivered tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom