Wow. i suck..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this work:

I use my normal Hiper PSU for everything, and use one PCI-E cable for one slot on the GPU, and then use use just a single PCI-E Cable from the EZCool for the other one.
Surely that won't put it under hardly any strain, but i am not sure if it will work.

And rican:

Do you think they put Corsair and other top brand PSU's in Dell pc's, and other mass produced but fairly high spec machines... they don't, they don't even have a name - but how many of them do you see burst into smoke as the PSU fails ?
It will last more than a month, and if it doesn't i would have an extremely strong case with Trading Standards to get EZcool to replace any damaged components.

I just looked at all Budget PSU reviews on ebuyer, there are plenty using them on high end systems for over 6 months with no problems and wondering why they previously bothered to spend so much on a PSU.

I think the whole good PSU idea is way out of proportion and not the necessity people seem to think.

Just my opinion..

^yes you could do that, you would need to bridge two pins on the 24 pin connector of the second psu though.

The green wire, and one of the black ones, then ur good to go.

Would this work:
Do you think they put Corsair and other top brand PSU's in Dell pc's, and other mass produced but fairly high spec machines... they don't, they don't even have a name - but how many of them do you see burst into smoke as the PSU fails ?
It will last more than a month, and if it doesn't i would have an extremely strong case with Trading Standards to get EZcool to replace any damaged components.

I just looked at all Budget PSU reviews on ebuyer, there are plenty using them on high end systems for over 6 months with no problems and wondering why they previously bothered to spend so much on a PSU.

I think the whole good PSU idea is way out of proportion and not the necessity people seem to think.

Just my opinion..

Look at this:
JonnyGURU.com - Power Supply Reviews and more! - Reviews - The Bargain Basement Power Supply Roundup

The psu thing is not blown out of proportion. I will not take my chances and let a cruddy psu take out all my components, the **** with that.

Take a 650watt cheap psu and put a 500watt load on it and see what happens. Get another 4870 and try to run both of them on that ezcool psu and see what happens.

Fireworks, my friend.

And i did look and apparently the newest dell xps gaming machines have a decent psu that is capable of handling an SLI load. High amperage as well and high efficiency, which you dont get with a cheap psu.

For example, a cheaper psu will use 180w to output a 120w load.

There's a keyword there rican, 'Newest' what about all the other ones :p

I'll take a read of it. I am not saying there is no truth to it... i just don't think you can slice it as cleanly as a £50 psu is good, can handle sli, will last much longer, and a £25 PSU won't do any of them things and fail in a month.

Wow.. them power supply's sucked. But they were all failing at about 1/4 of what there rated power was. The PSU's on ebuyer were around 500W and powering Core 2 duo's, 2 HDD's, a X1950XTX etc - they have to be pretty close to that 500w, they were terrible - but i am doubting my EZCool is THAT bad. (i will take a look, when i get it) He was saying how they had passed hardly any tests. I found this about mine.

# High Reliability, the following circuits ensure the systems safety:

* OCP (Over Current Protection)
* UVP
* OVP (Over Voltage Protection)
* OLP
* OTP
* SCP (Short Circuit Protection)

# EMI Reduction Design
# 100% Burn-In Test / Hi-Pot Test /Vibration Test / Leak Current Test
# Approved by UL, CSA, TUV, CB, CE, S, N,D,FI & FCC
# RoHS Compliant

What do you mean ? Please explain.

My knowledge does not stretch that far in PC's :p

On the main 24-pin connector, you should see a single green wire, and multiple black wires. Take a paper-clip, un-bend it, and insert 1 end of the paperclip into the green wire's terminal. Take the other end of the paperclip and insert it into any black wire's terminal. Doesn't matter which black wire, as long as its one of the black ones (for a ground). Plug the PSU in and turn it on. The paperclip acts as a jumper/short to "trick" the PSU into thinking it's plugged into a mobo.

^no, but you will have to turn the psu off by either turning off the switch on the back, if it has one, or by unplugging it. Also I'm not sure which you should turn off first. I would think the gpu though, you will have to ask carnage, he seems to know more about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom