Worst computer moments...

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
What are your worst/most embarrassing computer moments weather it be with hardware or software?

OK mine happened last September/August, My mother got me a Win TV PVR 150 for a birthday present (internal PCI) This was my first time ever installing anything in a computer that is a card (I had installed a 320GB HDD) I took out the card and put it in the computer and I didn't have the card in all the way and I turned on the PC to test to see if the card worked. Everything was going well until the card fell out of the slot and I heard a pop and smoke was coming from my PSU... Luckily the only thing damaged was the PSU and the card worked fine. But I learned that day to always make sure the card is in tight.

Anyways share your worst/most embarrassing computer moments here...

(sorry if this is in the wrong forum, couldn't find a better spot for it.)

My neighbor from torment experience after selling him a computer.
That was 14 months of my life which I would like to forget. However there are some parts that are just too funny.

The wire from the power switch had came loose on my rig. I was going nuts trying to figure out what was wrong. I could power up with the switch on the mobo and all... After two, yes TWO days I figured it out. :eek:

i ALWAYS forget to turn the psu switch on before turning on a custom build. scares the crap out of me every time.

My worst. Killing a PSU with a old and bad floppy drive. But i know someone who fried a whole mobo/CPU combo with a flick of their power switch. They forgot to make sure the heat sink was mounted right. Fried both parts. At the time was brand new Intel P4 and mobo. Cost over $1,000.

i had my rig sitting out cause i was finishing up a case mod, go to put it back in and the board died with 2 sticks of my xms2 ram. 225 dollar short.

That is every computer geek. I still get that with my sister, grandparents, father in law, sister in law, mother in law....not to mention all my friends that are not as good at PC's as me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom