World's Happiest Places

Status
Not open for further replies.
^hey, you can think what you want mate.

America has literally 10X the amount of tax payers

yeah, we don't price ourself we making enemies and going to war with countries lol

in what respect?

Didn't I just say you can't compare them. you points really don't matter. I said they are different, and all you did was say why.

As for equipment, your air superiority fighter is the CF-18. I'm an F-18 fan, but yours is based on an obsolete model, and the type was designed to be an inexpensive multi-role fighter, not an air superiority fighter. It doesn't compare to the F-15C let alone the F-22.

Your navy is comprised of small surface vessels and diesel powered subs. You don't have any carriers, so power projection is non existent.

I really can't be that harsh though, your leaders have re-geared the Canadian military to be a part of a larger Nato task force. The UK did that and they found in the Falklands that they should have kept their carriers, I think they are finally getting around to making one again.

I'm not going to spend time talking about the pros and cons of that but I will say this, I think its a very shortsighted and ignorant thing to have a military rely on another nation's for full combat capability. It gets people killed. You can talk about NATO all you want but when the time comes where you are on your own (like the Falklands) you need to be able to cover all of your bases.

Didn't I just say you can't compare them
What you said can be taken two ways, i took it the way you did not mean.

all the points you just made about equipment mean nothing, because of the budget difference... as well as our navy.

I don't know about that. Canada's military isn't 3rd world by any stretch, but the US has the best in just about every respect. I don't think you can really compare them, on a budget, experience, equipment or any other level. It's apples and oranges.

well you cant compare experience level. canada and this i am sure of has teh secodn best trained military in the world. the us uses elite canidan troops for special missions. our snipers are THE BEST in the world we hold the world record for longest sniper shot in just under 3 km.

and i also know we have f22 fighters for a fact becasue i read in the news paper last year they almost lost 2 of them over afghanistan due to technicle difficulties with the computers in them, but the problem was avoided and the planes pulled thrue.

Wow guys really? I said you can't compare them, you ask why, I tell you, and then you say that it's an unfair comparison. get over yourselves you can't have it both ways. The Canadian Military doesn't compare to the American military and vice versa, they are completely different. All you are doing is reinforcing that.

well you cant compare experience level. Canadian and this i am sure of has the second best trained military in the world. the us uses elite Canadian troops for special missions. our snipers are THE BEST in the world we hold the world record for longest sniper shot in just under 3 km.

Every country has their fair share of snipers. The fact that he made that shot had nothing to do with him being Canadian and had everything to do with his personal skill. The gun he used was made in America btw. I also think its amusing how you are misspelling Canada. We don't use Canadian snipers either, we have our own. The reason they were in Afghanistan is because it was an international coalition.

If you want to have a ****ing contest, in the Vietnam war American marine Carlos Hathcock made a shot at 2,347 yards with a modified 50 cal machine gun. That is 310 yards shorter than the shot in Afghanistan, mad in the jungle, 30 years earlier with a crude gun. He is arguably the best sniper who ever lived.

Wow guys really? I said you can't compare them, you ask why, I tell you, and then you say that it's an unfair comparison. get over yourselves you can't have it both ways. The Canadian Military doesn't compare to the American military and vice versa, they are completely different. All you are doing is reinforcing that.

i didnt argue anything i just corrected your statements you had mistaken yourself on.

What? That doesn't make any sense dude.
you had said we didn't have any f22's and you said the use was on a higher level in experience for military i corrected those statements as they where incorrect i didn't argue our military's are comparable.

thing is the us military is a fully sufficient force capable of sustaining itself like zmatt said but the Canadian military is more concentrated on small covert operations. yes we do rely on NATO to accomplish what we do. but what we do we do very very well. and the us military recognises this and often deploys Canadian troops for special missions. my example of this was that sniper shot made by the Canadian. was a us sf mission in which the us deployed Canadian troops.

Wow guys really? I said you can't compare them, you ask why, I tell you, and then you say that it's an unfair comparison. get over yourselves you can't have it both ways.

your missing my point. If Canada was as large population wise, our military would be relatively the same strength, if not have an edge. I was never trying to compare the two country's military, How could you possibly compare a 30Mil+ country to a 300mil+ country? you can not.

April 21, 2009: For the second time in a month, a U.S. Air Force F-22 suffered a "Class A" accident (one causing over a million dollars of loss). This one was the result of an F-22 colliding with a Canadian CF-18 while taxiing at Tyndall Air Force Base in Florida. This is the fifth F-22 Class A accident in the last six years. The last one was a crash, in which the pilot was killed. The only other crash did not result in the loss of the pilot.

It's easier to have a Class A accident for an F-22, as the construction cost of the aircraft is over $140 million. The damage to the F-22 in the most recent accident was described as minor, but costing just over a million dollars to fix. The damage to the CF-18 will cost much less to repair.

i got a chuckle out of that. I love the f-22 raptor, but it was kinda funny

back on topic canada is the 3rd best place to live so come help us becoem a 300mil+ country :D
Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The HDI combines normalized measures of life expectancy, literacy, educational attainment, and GDP per capita for countries worldwide. It is claimed as a standard means of measuring human development—a concept that, according to the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), refers to the process of widening the options of persons, giving them greater opportunities for education, health care, income, employment, etc. The basic use of HDI is to measure a country's development."

we are ranked 3rd of 179 selections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom