World Jump Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of those times I contemplate what I could have done with those wasted minutes. ..:wooha::freak::drool:.

FoxyLoxy said:
One of those times I contemplate what I could have done with those wasted minutes. ..:wooha::freak::drool:.
Yeah.... like downloading pr0n instead!

Well it's stupid to think "itd help prevent global warming and make the land more habitable"

If we pushed our planet further from the sun, more places would just get colder....global warming would still be there, still be a hole in the ozone, so to me all they are doing is making this place colder, wasting 600 million peoples time, adding more time to the day (yeah yeah insignificant I know, I'm saying in the extreme case of say an hour was added lol)

But yeah, pointless none-the-less

And yeah that tsunami had the energy of like...a million nuclear bombs and crap, 600 million people jumpin wouldn't have that.

Don't forget that the day it is going to happen on is the day that earth is at its most vulnerable position. This is just an experiment and nobody knows for sure what will happen. I think it is something fun and it will be interesting to see the results.

Just remember the earthquake did not change the mass of the earth, it was already apart of the earth. If we jump up then the earth's mass is less, then there is an increase in mass suddenly as we land.

Think of a centrifuge with elastic motion, if it was not traveling in a perfect fixed circle there would be a spot where it is vulnerable or easily off balanced. If it's counterweight suddenly changed it would cause it to vibrate and wonder off its normal path, this is what could happen to the earth.

I didnt forget, I simply choose logic and using my un-drugged brain. But Nubius is right, even if it did work, the problem isnt that the Earth is too close to the sun and its too warm, its that theres a freckin hole in our ozone layer. Distance to the sun had little to do with this.

You saying my brain is drugged, koerats. Where was your logic when you chose that name?

gab00n said:
You saying my brain is drugged, koerats. Where was your logic when you chose that name?
Don't blame me... I just have a annoying sci fi character from a show that every one hates around here for my avatar.

You know what else will help? If on jump day everyone driving a car picks up their feet so that their cars will be lighter.

Although you can calculate a change, the calculation wouldn't prove jack.

1. It'd be incredibly inaccurate given all the millions and millions of variables that would need to be taken into account.

2. Even if we did do this, and the change could be measured, it would be utterly meaningless against all the other forces changing our world each day. The effect you did now would be wiped out within minutes by a tidal shift, mild earthquake, or polar-ice movement.

3. You'd have to repeat this task constantly for quite a while to build up enough change for it to have even an insignificant effect. This would be even harder, since you'd have to consider that for each jump, you're most likely being reset by the rest of the forces of the Earth. One step forward, one step back.

4. What happens when you do it too much? Given the incredibly small result of this action, how would you know it was working? You could hop all day and not see a single effect in even the sharpest of instruments.

5. Most vulnerable day? Is this the day the mole-men from the core exchange the supports holding the continents up? :mad:

GET REAL. GET A CLUE. THEN GET STUFFED.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to drive home in reverse so I can get back the time I spent driving here.

Jesus Christ in 4-oz cans...The things people will believe...

VICone said:
This is still going on?

OH SURE!!! I heard that next they want to tie a thousand seagulls to the Statue of Liberty to pull the Earth up to prevent global flooding!

Got your seagull rope?

:mad::mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom