World Jump Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
FoxyLoxy, have you ever heard of the scientific term that for ever reaction their is another completely opposite reaction. If even 1 person jumps, it has an effect. So minute, that we dont have the hardware to measure such effects. Although, since people all over are jumping, it could cancel the effect. Pretend at every angle of the earth, 1000 people jump. The effect would equalize, resulting in no effect.

earth might shrink a little
lol

Yeah I think that's the most that would happen. It's not going to shift the earths orbit lol. The sun has way too much pull on us for us to jump and to have it do anything. Thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Perhaps if they said...we need 600,000,000 of the worlds fattest people. 300lbs and over only I might take it into consideration. :D

EDIT: And another thing! I don't want freakin longer daytime hours!! Last thing I want is a damn 30hour day

DOUBLE EDIT: BTW It does say 'people in the western hemisphere' so based on that, it technically wouldn't be all over the globe but yeah I still dont believe that crap. They need 10x more people than they already got lol

I'm jumping now... so i will be too tired when the time comes, so there is no point in me signing up!

Codeine said:
FoxyLoxy, have you ever heard of the scientific term that for ever reaction their is another completely opposite reaction. If even 1 person jumps, it has an effect. So minute, that we dont have the hardware to measure such effects. Although, since people all over are jumping, it could cancel the effect. Pretend at every angle of the earth, 1000 people jump. The effect would equalize, resulting in no effect.

Yes I have heard of that. So whats your point? You said yourself that it is minute. So yes all of us jumping would have an effect, everything does of course, but it wouldnt be enough is what I am saying. And like I said in I believe it was my first paragraph, it would roughly equalize and not do a thing, if they all piled on one side then more likely, but still not even close to enough.

My calculations are impeccable and unquestionable! Noone can touch my Windows accessories calculator!

gab00n said:
I think everyone needs to sign up for this. On the 20'th of july scientists are trying to get 600 000 000 people to jump at the exact same time. They predict it will shift the earths orbit which could stop global warming and it will help with some other stuff as well. I thought it was quite interesting, they will send you an email the day before so that you don't forget.

Check it out: http://www.worldjumpday.org/
Where these guys in a midst of BONG SMOKE when they came up with this one?

Like where is the actual scientific facts behind this?

NewCents05 said:
yea 30 hr days so basically work and school will be extended by like 5 hrs haha noooo thanks

Yeah..... working 9 to 5 is bad enough. Let along 9 to 5 (with my lunch break at 14'O Clock noon.)

This is utterly idiotic.

Okay, there's a lot of mass to be considered, on both sides. 600-million people, at an average of 200 pounds, comes to 120-billion pounds. However, the individual differential from person to person, combined with the virtually non-existant force gained from a jump, makes this mass worthless despite its bulk.

I think they should take everyone who signed up for this, and make them leave the island (Earth).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom