• server/rackmount etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • shuttle/hoojum etc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg said:
Personally I don't think the US is going to win anything. I agree it is probably going to be Brazil, but I voted Italy anyway :) Italy would have beaten the US but they had an own goal so they tied :( The referee wasn't very good either.

i'm from USA...don't think they'll do jack squat either but love soccer anyways. just wanted to say that both of the USA red cards were bull**** and the refs took away a goal from the US cuz i guy who was offsides ALMOST touched a shot. They DID get lucky with the whole own goal but if they didn't get screwed with 2 red cards they probably would've ended up winning. you probably weren't watching the game...USA was playing better than Italy. Italy was just able to finish their few and far between oportunities in the first half anyways (i didn't get to see the 2nd cuz of work so this whole opinion of mine is somewhat biased. but that's the way it was the first half and the US should've scored in the first half a few times and italy only got 1 maybe 2 good chances and finished them. US had more. just couldn't finish)

lol sorry for the lengthy post. i'm not even upset or anything about the game. just felt that i should give my opinion on the matter and i would give one for italy if the tables were turned the other way.

of course the USA wont win the world cup. That's about as probable as seeing a black hockey team.

yeah it's true. i mean we're too cocky about everything thinking that we're better than all the other countries at everything. it's kinda annoying living here sometimes. most americans have this cocky vibe to them...idk...it makes me happy to see that we're not the best at something (there's lots of them. we just don't reflect on it much.) but the world cup is different. like olympics...we've got professionals who're better than our olympians but can't compete due to not being amatuers. So americans blame that on us not winning olympics and stuff. it's really pretty ridiculous. but in a sense true. but soccer...we've got professionals allowed to play and we still get our sh**rocked. makes me happy :)

Yeah, I can totally understand why americans/america is hated by most of the world.

That's why I try to learn about someone elses country and whatnot. Also why I'm learning japanese and all their customs so when I go over there I can abide by their rules. Nothing more annoying than people coming into your country and refusing to abide by your rules and not speak your language. COUGH COUGH IMMIGRANTS COUGH COUGH

i'm learning japanese as well. i plan on going there for a year either to study abroad or just to chill for a little while once i graduate from college (3 years left) but yeah i totally agree. but it takes a lot for me to be bothered by stuff

spain or argentina

ecuador as the dark horse (i'm rooting for them, even though i know they won't take it), i love the way ecuador plays though

jordo_99 said:
yeah it's true. i mean we're too cocky about everything thinking that we're better than all the other countries at everything. it's kinda annoying living here sometimes. most americans have this cocky vibe to them...idk...it makes me happy to see that we're not the best at something (there's lots of them. we just don't reflect on it much.) but the world cup is different. like olympics...we've got professionals who're better than our olympians but can't compete due to not being amatuers. So americans blame that on us not winning olympics and stuff. it's really pretty ridiculous. but in a sense true. but soccer...we've got professionals allowed to play and we still get our sh**rocked. makes me happy :)

I see your point there but just don't really see how that applies to this year's WC. I don't think that this year's team is cocky....at all. Honestly, when I looked at our roster for this WC, I compared it to a Hoover Vaccuum.....it sucks a lot. The talent is there but isn't enough to beat high end teams that have their stuff together. In the first game we truely showed how unorgainized we can be. I must admit though....I was shocked to see us 5th in the world going into this.

I'm a big Man U fan and I know that if England were facing US in any game with the team that they have right now....they would skillfully wipe their chins with our overrated jerseys.

In conclusion, I think the cockiness is more of a fan-based declaration. Our fans seems to shove it in the over persons face when they are wrong....But when we are loosing the game or loosing morale....then we give up. NOT SOUTH KOREA THOUGH!!!! :)
Those guys/gals are simply amazing! They are cheering to the very end! They make an exciting game, indeedy!

It's like how amazing it is to see us trying to give away tickets at US stadiums during a particular city's losing baseball season.... People are too self-indulged and are so quick to turn their backs on a loosing team.

It's energy! It's so simple! The fans give and receive as much as the players! :) Not saying that if we cheer louder that they will play better, but morale plays so much in a player's willingness to give a rat's behind in a loosing game.

diabloII said:
brazil won't win, they're too old

same goes for france

lol too old? They are all professional players with a combined salary of over 500 Million Dollars....

Come on dude... the old guys will win...

Netherlands won't get very far. The players are unexperienced and they are scared. They keep playing the ball to the goalkeeper.
Tomorrow Netherlands - Argentina. I hope it will be an exciting match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom