World Cup: 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame about the violence in some sports, although i do think it adds an element of excitement to the sport whatever it may be :p

I am here to watch a game, not get a drunken yobbo wanting to pick a fight with me.

I am here to watch a game, not get a drunken yobbo wanting to pick a fight with me.

This is true, but the level of atmosphere in the stadium would be nothing like what it is if the teams didn't have a bit of hatred towards each other - atleast thats what it's like a football stadiums, both teams just sing wicked songs at each other and dis the oppositions football team. a lot of good banter and most the time harmless fun, it's when things go to far and are taken beyond a bit of banter and it turns to physical violence outside the stadium that it's bad,

I want the US to win (I don't care for soccer) but I doubt they will. Around here no one cares about soccer... Its mainly football, basketball, baseball, and hockey.

Anyone from England up for a bet on the USA / England match?

Thinking about a signature tag line along the lines of "USA pwns England" or vice versa for 1 month. Or anything else to be determined at the time of the bet.

Yeh I'll bet.

2-1 to England.

If england wins with the score i said i'll put "LOL WUT ENGLAND > USA AT TEH SOCCER"
If england wins with some other score it'll just be "England > USA @ Soccer"
If USA wins i'll put "England.. SHAME ON YOU. USA is better at Soccer"

:)

I really hate the word Soccer, but i'm being kind and thinking of tech-forums US majority.

Soccer is what we call it too, football is this:
australian-football-rules-high-mark-fly1.jpg

Yeh I'll bet.

2-1 to England.

If england wins with the score i said i'll put "LOL WUT ENGLAND > USA AT TEH SOCCER"
If england wins with some other score it'll just be "England > USA @ Soccer"
If USA wins i'll put "England.. SHAME ON YOU. USA is better at Soccer"

:)

I really hate the word Soccer, but i'm being kind and thinking of tech-forums US majority.

Do you approve of my revisions?

If england wins with the score i said i'll put "LOL WUT ENGLAND > USA AT TEH FOOTBALL"
If england wins with some other score it'll just be "England > USA @ Football"
If USA wins i'll put "England.. SHAME ON YOU. USA is better at the sport we invented"

Tie: nothing even though that would still reflect bad on England. Hoping for a tie myself.

I'll take that bet too! England being the winner. Or does it need to be more specific than that? If so, 50--1 to England, for impossibility's sake :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom