Woah im glad i built my own pc ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
FFS i have no pc due to delayed motherboard delivery (DS3R :)) and my sisters on holiday... so i figured id use hers as its a fairly new dell. Quiet, very Quiet ! BUT This thing LAGS between msn convos, IE takes like 5 seconds to launch, it locks up when opening programs for like 15 seconds. So i tried my dads. The same... ooo i cud never go to a dell now unless it was XPS. Maybe they just got really low end ones... because i fail to see how other people put up with this.

Why don't you go ahead and clean 'em up for them, tweak 'em, and get them running smooth? Surprise 'em, and see what they say.

Well, that didnt go well. I am never takeing advice off trotter again (Jokes) I overclocked the FSB by 10mhz and it wudnt boot ! the temp went up by 18 Degress C and the AKASA stock fan went up to 5,500RPM :eek:

Lol i might clean them up and tweak em, but Overclocking ona normal pc, that doesnt work. I always thought you couldnt OC Dell's anyway .. ?

Never said anything about overclocking. I meant clean up any adware/spyware, defrag, MSCONFIG, that sort of thing.

Ahh a misunderstanding on my behalf, only a joke anyway :cool:. Kinda boring though...i might do it later.

Why don't you go ahead and clean 'em up for them, tweak 'em, and get them running smooth? Surprise 'em, and see what they say.

Well, that didnt go well. I am never takeing advice off trotter again (Jokes) I overclocked the FSB by 10mhz and it wudnt boot ! the temp went up by 18 Degress C and the AKASA stock fan went up to 5,500RPM :eek:

Lol i might clean them up and tweak em, but Overclocking ona normal pc, that doesnt work. I always thought you couldnt OC Dell's anyway .. ?

lol, way to screw up.

Well you took the time to post in this thread, your already at its admireably low level, suposedly anyway.

FFS i have no pc due to delayed motherboard delivery (DS3R :)) and my sisters on holiday... so i figured id use hers as its a fairly new dell. Quiet, very Quiet ! BUT This thing LAGS between msn convos, IE takes like 5 seconds to launch, it locks up when opening programs for like 15 seconds. So i tried my dads. The same... ooo i cud never go to a dell now unless it was XPS. Maybe they just got really low end ones... because i fail to see how other people put up with this.

Well first of all, a Dell pc is not that bad. All pc manufactures have "their" issues. Most of this is due to the bundled software that comes pre-loaded. All you need to do is backup the drivers and wipe it out. I guarantee you that you will see a 100% difference. I use the XPS 200 and its nice but thats after I cleaned it up. 99% of the time, its the users that screws the pc up as to why its so slow, etc. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom