WMP vs. VLC (just got curious)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
I accidentally opened up dexter in my WMP and then in VLC and I stopped it for a moment and looked at them...

Does WMP look slightly better then VLC does to you?

ac7gh3.jpg

it does to me.

Look closely at his right arm. On the FLV you can see the rough edges A LOT easier than the WMP. Actually you can see the pixels a lot easier(they seem bigger and fuzzier) on the FLV one.

so yea i would have to agree and say the WMP looks better

I just wasted 5 minutes of my life wondering where the 'cropped' and 'unedited' dumps were from lol
and yeah, MPCHC > WMP > VLC

I am going to be using WMP more often, I am watching the episode right now.
The Cropped and Unedited is a tournament bracket that my counterstrike source team was in. We did pretty well, we even won a match 4 v 5 because our 5th had to leave the lan early.

WMP is already installed when I install Windows, so it's my choice, the plus of looking better than VLC is nice too.

I don't know. I'm leaning towards VLC.

Look at the line definition on the inside of his elbow on his right arm. Plus the stripes on his shirt on VLC are clearer to the eye, whereas they're faded on WMP.

It's really, really close to make a call though, but what little things I did see weighed in at VLC's favor.

Look at the gradient effect on the lower blind, it looks good in VLC but slightly flat and blocky in WMP. Also the colours seem more faithful in VLC example stripes in shirt and slight translucency to the t-shirt. On the other hand WMP has clearly done a great job of softening the jaggies (edge of face, collar of the shirt).
It would be a better comparison if they were exactly the same image (the VLC one is minutely forward).

Look at the gradient effect on the lower blind, it looks good in VLC but slightly flat and blocky in WMP. Also the colours seem more faithful in VLC example stripes in shirt and slight translucency to the t-shirt. On the other hand WMP has clearly done a great job of softening the jaggies (edge of face, collar of the shirt).
It would be a better comparison if they were exactly the same image (the VLC one is minutely forward).

yea^^^ i noticed that too ( the VLC is slightly ahead of the WMP)

I agree with everything else too..... VLC has better color but the WMP does a lot better at the rough edges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom