WiTricity...

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's a difference between wireless sending of a signal (phones, music) and an actual current. i don't expect the latter to be very safe, but we'll see.

The thing that I don't get it this.... what is stopping me from tapping into my neighbour's WiTricity supply.

Like I am sure that we all scan areas for unsecured networks. But what about WiTricity supply. That is stopping me from using my air con on as the expence of my neighbour's WiTricity bill?

I disagree on the safety note, only wireless electric current of a certain resonance frequency (like they wre talking about) would affect you, much like only the right frequency radio rays will damage your health. I feel if they chose the right frequncy, and made it universal (which would prove problamitic) to all devices, it would be safe, except if the witricity resonating frequency was all the same, the receiver (laptop, phone...) may steal signals from a different source.

no one knows for sure what frequency does or doesn't hurt you. for all we know, they all do. in fact, some studies point towards neurological effects from ELF, SLF, and ULF waves. the point is it's impossible to find out. the health effects are incredibly long-term and it would take decades to affect someone's health.

Tesla envisioned municipal electric supplies that were free to the public or maybe had a flat fee..

Maybe, one day, they will figure it all out, as well as any health risks. We'll all be long gone by then, but they will figure it out...

they don't hurt you. they cant. radio waves are lower on the spectrum than visible light. so unless you are pumping out megawatts of it you wont be harmed. things like cell phones and WiFi are no problem. there are much bigger risks to you health.

as for WiTricity I can't say. I would imagine that current may not be safe on the higher levels. like the 120v wall plugs, but im no expert.

Tesla envisioned municipal electric supplies that were free to the public or maybe had a flat fee..

Maybe, one day, they will figure it all out, as well as any health risks. We'll all be long gone by then, but they will figure it out...

yea...i don't mean to be negative about this witricity thing, but how can we realistically know what the health effects are? we've had homes under power lines for a century and still can't produce conclusive evidence neither supporting or refuting the claim of negative health effects. the effects are too long-term to be able to do any good study. extreme longitudinal studies like this are very difficult, if not impossible.

they don't hurt you. they cant. radio waves are lower on the spectrum than visible light. so unless you are pumping out megawatts of it you wont be harmed. things like cell phones and WiFi are no problem. there are much bigger risks to you health.

as for WiTricity I can't say. I would imagine that current may not be safe on the higher levels. like the 120v wall plugs, but im no expert.

hsugh.gif

uh what?

first of all, no one said anything about radio waves. he was referring to radio FREQUENCY....Radio frequency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

and secondly, dude...come on..learn some science before you start spouting off about it. you are right that radio waves don't harm you, but the fact that radio waves are lower in frequency on the EM spectrum has nothing to do with anything. infrared is lower too and it can burn you. microwaves are lower and they can seriously **** you up. ELF waves are known to cause ill health effects too.

but i'm no expert

EDIT: and voltage is not a unit of current, just so you know

Hmm ive been wondering this question for a while, UK runs on 240V/250V Elextrcity to all residential property, does this mean that our WiTricity would be more powerrful ?, and nothing to do with WiTricity, but can we use more powerfull things and more of them because of the higher Voltage ?

Is anyone else worried about how much energy we're shooting into thin air? Its going to get ridiculous if you don't stop it.

A few hundred watts of wireless energy over time can cause cancer (this is already a concern in the US military).

Personally, I'll take my wires. I don't need a race between my skin and my lungs to see who can get cancer first... (I smoke).

Actually, if it took for example 90 Years to give us cancer then it doesnt matter, by that time we've smoked thousands of ciggerettes consumed tonnes of fat, and ate hundreds of piles of sugar, so were going to die anyway.

Hmm ive been wondering this question for a while, UK runs on 240V/250V Elextrcity to all residential property, does this mean that our WiTricity would be more powerrful ?, and nothing to do with WiTricity, but can we use more powerfull things and more of them because of the higher Voltage ?
again, voltage is not a measure of power or current, and no

Voltage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom