WiTricity...

Status
Not open for further replies.
it shouldn't damage our health? based on what? you're an expert now? you've done the research? don't make such stellar statements like that. there's plenty of evidence suggesting otherwise, and NO ONE can say for certain this type of technology would or wouldn't harm us.

Actuallly yes, ive been looking about it, that was just a simple form of some professor guy speech...

Like most arguments theres two sides to the story, he's bias to one side, other people are bias to other sides. and then theres people in the middle like me.

well their death was a good thing then, according to you. congrats on their evolution

Well its better then thinking there death was pointless! everyone dies its all just a matter of where and how, death doesn't overly bother me not because I don't life but because its inevitable that your going to die. You could also think about it this way when you die if you donate your body to medicine then your also improving the knowledge of others even after your death whether its teaching some biology student how human lungs work by blowing into them with a tube so they can watch them deflate and inflate or being cut up by sum trainee doctor.

Well its better then thinking there death was pointless! everyone dies its all just a matter of where and how, death doesn't overly bother me not because I don't life but because its inevitable that your going to die. You could also think about it this way when you die if you donate your body to medicine then your also improving the knowledge of others even after your death whether its teaching some biology student how human lungs work by blowing into them with a tube so they can watch them deflate and inflate or being cut up by sum trainee doctor.

Evolution is a genetic change that alters an organisms function in a a way that allows it to better survive. Cancer is not a genetic change, its a genetic mutation that occurs in a part of the body, not the entire organism. Evolution, to my knowledge, can not happen midlife of the organism. Cancer is merely death.

Now, myself, I don't intend to live past 35, but to just outright claim that cancer is 'evolution' (which is ridiculous, as human evolution has reached its ultimate peak) is both insulting to my intellect and to those who battle such diseases.

But to each our own...

Oh, and to get back on topic... i'm building a microwave gun. Wish me luck, because one screw up will light my family jewels on fire.

Actuallly yes, ive been looking about it, that was just a simple form of some professor guy speech...

Like most arguments theres two sides to the story, he's bias to one side, other people are bias to other sides. and then theres people in the middle like me.

well apparently this professor was speculating, he has no evidence to back up his statements

yea, you're real one-sided :rolleyes:....you're practically a witricty fan boy and the product doesn't really even exist yet.

you're trying so hard to prove that it's safe and what not, but NO ONE KNOWS THIS. you're not going to magically google the *proof* that witrcity is safe. i've been trying to get this into your head for how many pages now???

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE HEALTH EFFECTS WILL BE. we simply cannot know for sure because any recorded health effects from similar waves have been extremely long-term.

implementing witricty is an enormous gamble which, personally, i'm not willing to make.

I think, there would be health effects, eventually, Im not really for or against the whole witricity idea, but the human race has a long history of using things that have major health risks, DDT and Asbestos for instance, so im sure we'll start using this in the future without knowing in full what it could do.

If your beaming low voltage through the air I cannot see that really causing harm... for instance if your only sending enough to power your smoke detectors, tv remote or wireless mouse, I can't really see that being an issue. I think it would be great.. then I dont have to go to the store and buy batteries.

But yeah, nobody knows what the health effects will be until we start using it... and im sure we will.

Humans have evolved to the point where we:

1. Have real troubleshooting skills
2. The capacity to build tools to perform jobs for us.

Whenever we need something done, we build it. So we can no longer improve upon ourselves through evolution, because the only way a genetic gene can be passed on frequently enough is if that change is vital to the survival of the species. Sure, you may grow an organ that rids your body of disease... but does that mean your more likely to reproduce over the guy who just takes anti-biotics?

Its a matter of debate I suppose... but lets get back on topic. Rays guns and electric waves and what not.

Humans have evolved to the point where we:

1. Have real troubleshooting skills
2. The capacity to build tools to perform jobs for us.

Whenever we need something done, we build it. So we can no longer improve upon ourselves through evolution, because the only way a genetic gene can be passed on frequently enough is if that change is vital to the survival of the species. Sure, you may grow an organ that rids your body of disease... but does that mean your more likely to reproduce over the guy who just takes anti-biotics?

Its a matter of debate I suppose... but lets get back on topic. Rays guns and electric waves and what not.

i get what you're saying. but i think it's the other way around....that our ability to create and use technology may be halting our evolution.

people that would normally die at an early age because they have debilitating diseases now can live for a long time and maybe even have children. instead of dying off, they reproduce and that disease remains in the gene pool. this goes AGAINST natural selection.

so while we may not be at the pinnacle of our biolgical evolution, we have most likely halted it to an extent and will supplement our species with technology....especially computers/bionics

now as far as troubleshooting goes, this is an ability that many lower-capacity animals have also. it's mostly just trail-and-error + conditioning. also, some primates have now been found to use tools to hunt and prepare food

I have often thought medical technology / science is affecting human evolution. when you think about it 100 years ago a child with a serious birth defect would not have survived but today the same problem there is a hight survival ratio.

I only point this out because if that child was born 100 years ago he / she would not have survived, but now that very same child would survive and possibly have children of there own and pass on there defective geean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom