Wisdom teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
Out of everyone here who's had these growing already, who's had them removed, and who hasn't?

I've just noticed my first one growing this morning.

I had all four removed about a month ago.

Word of advice: Do it as soon as your dentist suggests. Having it done at 13 would have been much easier than at 38.

I had 3 of mine out at the age of 28!!! it wasn't to bad, I had a great doctor, thats what makes the difference between and quick, painless recovery and a long, bloody, painful one.

I had a hoagie for lunch just 2 days after!!

I only had 3 of them, there was just an empty spot where the forth would be, and I had them removed and they were totally healed in like 2 weeks. It didn't hurt that bad. Not as bad as it seems it would.

Well, one of mine was just a shell, and it had broken. All of them were at the extreme rear of my mouth. They had to remove bone from the outside of both uppers.

I had all of them removed about a year and a half ago. I remember going in. coming home, waking up a few times not knowing what day/time it was, and the taste of stagnant blood in my mouth YUCK!

i had mine taken out last november. it took the guy 3 hours of yanking and i wasnt sedated. only local anesthesia. after he finally got them out he showed me the roots and they were all twisted..thats why they wouldnt come out. that night i was in the most excruciating pain i have ever felt. even after like 8 vicodin i wanted to die.

good dentist, bad teeth

Trotter said:
Word of advice: Do it as soon as your dentist suggests. Having it done at 13 would have been much easier than at 38.

Quoted for truth. There are 2 major nerves that run along your top and bottom jaw, and the longer you wait, the more the teeth grow into that nerve. If they do go into the nerve, there's a chance that when you get them taken out, that you will have permanent nerve damage, and won't be able to feel your gums, teeth, and/or jaws. Even if they aren't growing in the nerve, there's still a chance that it could happen, but the chance increases dramatically the more grown in they are.

I've got all 4 of mine out. Last year, around mid July. Had just turned 15.

i had them removed, no problem. anesthesia plus some sort of shot that made me itch, but prevented most of the swelling that causes pain afterwards.

Im 25 and still have them, had a few issues with them for a year or so but other than that, nothing. I just had a root canal today and despite what everyone told me about the pain, I felt no pain at all. Either Im lucky or I have an awesome dentist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom