wireless power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Yep. It's entirely possible.

Graphics tablets and battery free mice also work on the principle of inductive coupling.

Anyone of you ever made hotwings? You have that heated pot of grease and its something like 300 degrees.
This is the same thingmac laptops have. The cord is held in place with a magnet, so if somebody trips on it, the cord seperates and falls to the floor - the pot of grease stays put.

NewCents05 said:
how often does that happen? your laptop falling off your table cause you tripped over the power cord

that commercial is just saying dont buy a pc notebook cause it doesnt have a magnetic powercord cause i mean you are def bound to trip over your cord and knock it over and break everything

They are not saying anything that they wouldnt e normally saying. They are saying not to buy a PC in every commerical, that is the ultimate comeputer wars, PC vs Mac.

It's also a good idea, not bad in any way. I've had people trip over my laptop cord, I've tripped over people's laptop cords. I messed with one kid after he knocked my laptop on the floor, didnt break, that it was broken and he owed me $500. I almost had him about to pay me, so I just told him it wasnt really broken.

I've also had people, tripped over peoples, desktop power cords. Whereas it isnt very practical on a desktop, because the computer itself is tucked away and you really cant walk behind it most of the time, a laptop can be anywhere and frequently has power cords drapped across the middle of the floor. It's most likely geard towards college students, so drunk people dont trip over the cords and destroy their laptop.

Well, even though this design has nothing to do with wireless electricity, it is possible. They've been working on it for quite a while now.

Trotter said:
Look up Nikola Tesla and what he did and was trying to do. Wireless power is not a new thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_coil
exactly what I thought.

Nikola tesla tried to create "tesla transmitters" (to transmit power into the air)

Thomas Edison did not like Tesla for this. Edison was more of a businessman, and preferred that people pay for their power rather than get it free from the air.
Tesla was not concerned with business. he didn't care about money. he saw a good idea and wanted to share it with the world

Him said:
They are not saying anything that they wouldnt e normally saying. They are saying not to buy a PC in every commerical, that is the ultimate comeputer wars, PC vs Mac.

It's also a good idea, not bad in any way. I've had people trip over my laptop cord, I've tripped over people's laptop cords. I messed with one kid after he knocked my laptop on the floor, didnt break, that it was broken and he owed me $500. I almost had him about to pay me, so I just told him it wasnt really broken.

I've also had people, tripped over peoples, desktop power cords. Whereas it isnt very practical on a desktop, because the computer itself is tucked away and you really cant walk behind it most of the time, a laptop can be anywhere and frequently has power cords drapped across the middle of the floor. It's most likely geard towards college students, so drunk people dont trip over the cords and destroy their laptop.

It's also pretty nice because I can just set my laptop down on the desk and the powercord plugs itself in!

I can't see any reason anyone would think that the magnetic powercord is a bad idea. Really. Sounds like NewCents05 has a case of "anti-Mac no matter what" syndrome... :rolleyes:

And thanks for the info on the tooth brushes.

sounds like a great idea. Guy at my school tripped over the cord to the teachers mac laptop and smashed it.... there's the perfect example for you skeptics.

Yeah it's not about "how often" does someone trip over your powercord and knock your laptop onto the floor ... it's "what if" ... And the magnetic power adapter solves the problem.

i've always had the idea of transmitting some kind of function, or another type of wave that would cause part of the device to move or initiate a function that would accelerate the battery or something cool like that

then I'll deem it immoral to steal my signals and we will have the "Digital Millenium(+6) Powerright Act"

heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom