Windows Vienna re-codenamed Windows Mesa ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to admit it but ME is the only MS os i have ever purchased, and i used it for a month or less until my buddy gave me a copy of XP. As for mesa, isnt that table in spanish?

yes.. Vista is spanish for view i think, so Windows View? lol

It will be windows vienna!

shall we make a pool? Make bets :freak:

Viennaupdate.com - The Best 64 bit update Resources and Information.

Ever since the last quarter of 2006, when a survey was held on a Microsoft web site, where one of the questions towards the end of the survey was "Have you ever heard of Windows Mesa?", the question itself and the answer to it, has foxed many!

But it appears that codename "Vienna" (Blackcomb/Windows7) will be/has been re-codenamed as Windows MESA in its 5th phase of development. Is this true ? Your guess is as good as mine; but searching carefully...very carefuly can give one that impression. But then, whats in a name !? First Blackcomb; then Vienna, then Windows7 & now (?)Mesa(?).

And then there's the Windows Fiji which is said to be the next version of the Microsoft operating system that will follow Windows Vista on the road to Windows Vienna (Blackcomb). And it is not certain if Windows Fiji is a codename for windows Vista SP1 or if it is Windows Vista SP2.

Incidentally, this next OS (irrespective of the codename) is timelined 2011. As a result, Microsoft Corp. has already said that it would limit support for three versions of the Windows Vista operating system, including its most expensive Ultimate, to 5 years rather than the usual 10 years.

Microsoft has officially said that the code name for this Vista follow-up is Vienna, but Microsoft Development VP Ben Fathi said he could not disclose the current name. "We've been told not to use it publicly" he said.

more such only at WinVistaClub : Windows Vista Features, Tips, Security & More !

Why the need to keep its name a secret? seriously, it's just an arbitrary label.
It's not like the source code suddenly appears in people's hands if they find out its name.

screw vienna and mesa and blackcomb, seriously, i should name all their operating systems.

Here is the new order of the next couple of OS from M$:

Microsoft Agnus
Microsoft Eugene
Microsoft Morris
Microsoft Betsy
Microsoft Nancy-Drew
Microsoft Deloris
Microsoft Frank

Microsoft Frank will be released some time around 2043, but in the mean time it will be codenamed, "FridgeMagnet182".

screw vienna and mesa and blackcomb, seriously, i should name all their operating systems.

Here is the new order of the next couple of OS from M$:

Microsoft Agnus
Microsoft Eugene
Microsoft Morris
Microsoft Betsy
Microsoft Nancy-Drew
Microsoft Deloris
Microsoft Frank

Microsoft Frank will be released some time around 2043, but in the mean time it will be codenamed, "FridgeMagnet182".

lmao!

Oh god that was to funy I have never seen that before. Reminds me of Windazz 2uznd - Windows for Gordie's

Vienna is a term for weiner. I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't like their's to be called Windows Weiner.

It will most likely be changed since it's a working name. Even though it was originally Blackcomb too. It just makes sense if they're going to roll out a massive launch of the new Windows worldwide. For countries that regard Vienna as sausage for the name of an OS, it just doesn't cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom