Windows Updates for Legal Users Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
horndude - maybe lots of folks are dissatisfied customers, and would like to see multinational corporations be more giving and provide better service at lower prices
Just 'cause you're dissatisfied doesn't mean you should steal the software. And besides, this article is about how MS is helping to protect itself from software pirates. There's nothing wrong with that, and the software pirates shouldn't get this stuff anyway.

TheMajor - Microsoft has enough money.
That doesn't mean that software piracy is okay now. So Microsoft has a lot of money. Isn't that the objective of owning a company?

And besides...I bought my copies of Windows and I payed good money for them that I worked for. Why wouldn't I want MS to crack down on the bastards who steal the software and want supported for free?

I'm not jealous. I'm pyssed.

It's immoral and illegal to steal software. I'm happy MS is making an effort to prevent this.

Call me an ol' fuddy-duddy if ya like.... but pirate software and pirate dvd film and pirate etc etc etc are not my idea of supporting what I like most.
Good quality.
I also bought my XP Pro OS and installed it myself as I didnt want an OEM version, I will never buy a pirate DVD film because I like to support an industry that gives me home viewing entertainment at what I think to be a reasonable cost.
Piracy is illegal (as the name suggests), and I for one don't support it.

I may be in the minority, but hey, I'm happy. :)

nothing wrong with buying a copy of windows, in fact i look forward to the day i get off my lazy ass and make a steady amount of money and am able to shell out that sort of money.

but like the one guy said, no matter what they do there's gonna be a way around it, even if it comes to people releasing updates on their own sites.

no point in argueing either side. though novel, most attempts at such things are all for not. and also there's no point in getting worked up over it shoobie. im not condoning anything illegal, but nobody is murdering anybody on the blackmarkets of illegal downloads. getting that pissed over something you think is 'immoral' is just letting it bring you down more than anything, and causing pointless stress.

everybody is always going to do what theyre going to do when it comes to buying/obtaining software. id much rather be able to buy my own copies for the same reason people with 1000+ mp3's still buy the albums they want.

but eh, dunno if i made a point in there or not, i just woke up lol

ShoobieRat said:
What? Why? I would think denying illegal users access to updates would be good thing.
DITTO.

Since they have not paid for the software, then why should they pay for the service? I am very surpised that MS did not do this in the first place when they did bring out WINDOWS XP.

Actually, I have noticed that
TheMajor said:
Microsoft has enough money.
So stealing from the rich is a good thing?

Does this makes you Robin of Locksley and Bill Gates the Sheriff of Nottingham?
I think not.

There will be way around in. Like if you look in one of the temp directories after doing a software update, you can find the install files.

And to top it all off, there are the network installs. Okay, it take about 5 to 15 minutes for to find them, but they will still be avalable.

Over all, it about time that MS but their money where their mouth is when they are going on about extra services that are provided with a legal copy of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom