Windows Shutdown Sound - Plays Randomly... true story...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
My gf constantly told me while she was at college her laptop likes to play the Windows XP Shutdown sound randomly. I said, yeah yeah whatever you're doing something wrong.

We watched a movie the other day when she was home, and it happened about 4-5 times throughout the course of the movie. It sounds like the laptop is being shut down, but it WAS NOT touched...

One program is not enough.

Post a hijackthis log in the appropriate section and wait for Microbell to assist you.

If you have the original OS disc, you can pop that in and try a repair.

Ste said:
One program is not enough.

Post a hijackthis log in the appropriate section and wait for Microbell to assist you.

If you have the original OS disc, you can pop that in and try a repair.

Is it safe to do a repair, assuming that nothing is wrong with the computer? I've just never done a repair before... aka, could I run a repair on my computer for no reason?

Download and run Spybot Seach & Destroy as well as Adaware. It's also best if you boot your computer into safe mode, then run the programs.

I'm kind of confused over this. I put the Windows OS CD in and let the computer boot off of it. It installed a boatload of files and then went to the cd key screen, blah blah, went through all of that. When I selected repair (that is after I finally found it) it asked me to type in some installation number or some BS.

It was a black screen with rather big white letters, much like what DOS looks like.

This is as far as I could go, and I'm rather confused at this point. Time to finish up some Christmas shopping, so I'm just letting this PC sit idle as it scans with the above anti spyware programs. Let's hope for the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom