Windows More Secure than Linux

How long will it be before running Dual/Dual Cores is possible?

• 6 Months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Year

• 1.5 Years

• 2+ Years

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
mikesgroovin said:
If i bought a laptop from dell right now with XP, it would come with SP2. no doubt.
True, but that's the nature of any product. What I was saying is that, if you bought that laptop with SP2 on it, and there was no WindowsUpdate system, it's likely that [average user]'s machine would never get updated beyond that point.

So we got a test for out-of-box security functionality.

Wonder what a similar test would prove when comparing the amount of knowledge needed and work needed to secure both platforms.

For Windows: Install Windows Server 2003 w/ExchangeServer 2003, upgrade using automatic upgrade system. Turn on firewall. Attach hardware firewall. Install corporate AV program (such as Symantec Corp AV), set to push and auto-update). Done.

For Linux: ?

ShoobieRat said:
For Windows: Install Windows Server 2003 w/ExchangeServer 2003, upgrade using automatic upgrade system. Turn on firewall. Attach hardware firewall. Install corporate AV program (such as Symantec Corp AV), set to push and auto-update). Done.

For Linux: ?

LOL.....I would just leave out the software firewall part and stick with a hardware firewall. MS just needs to save us all from the grief and discontinue their software firewall integration....it's way too much that has limited functionality.

The SP2 firewall is only meant for client firewall security, which it does rather well at. It is not meant to be an enterprise solution. That's why you put on the hardware firewall.

Yes i did hack my school lol. I use their T1 connection every ounce in a while lol. it wasnt hard cause of their linux server. I just basically ran in! i twas quite hilarius lol. Whatcha gonna do hahaha. :p

Re:

Hey,

...I think Linux is more secure than Windows :D .

Here in the UK, they were gonna use Windows to power one of H.M Ship's new technological system, but had security analysts urging the intergration Linux.

Uh., i meant the DNS servers that you use to get to microsoft are that. I meant that if you had confidence in your products, you would run your website off of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom