windows emergency flash drive what you all use?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
after spending almost a day trying to get rid of the latest moneypak Trojan I thought it would be a good idea to finally make an emergency bootable flash drive.

but I ran into few issues while making one yesterday

I googled most popular flash drive OS and ended up downloading Ubuntu tails

turns out its not very good to acess windows system drive.
I couldn't delete the Trojan files manually
had to use kickstart to delete it

what OS should I use for bootable flash drive for emergency windows repairs and virus removal?

and what tools you guys recommend to have on the flash drive to be ready for pretty much anything that might happen to a PC

I used to have a dvd with a whole bunch of tools but that was long time ago and for windows 98-xp now most of them are outdated.

UltimateBootCD and an Ubuntu LiveCD are what I use for bootable environments. Then I also have my antispyware files on a flashdrive (though I should put them on an SD Card with the read-only switch, and use an SD to USB converter so the card doesn't get infected).

im assuming you have the UBCD set up to run inside the Ubuntu?
I was looking for a UI system not dos based just in case I have to relocate files from a drive so its faster

isn't live cd similar to tails? since its also Ubuntu. I realy never used Linux except in high school back in 99 when I was learning about hacking but that's long time ago

No I have separate discs for UBCD and Ubuntu.

A LiveCD is just a bootable environment that runs in RAM or from disc/flash drive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You should be able to remove Money Pak by using Hitman Pro
How to Remove Ransomware - Select Real Security

It's been a while since I cleaned up a pc with ransomeware, but I recall booting up to Safe Mode with Command Prompt, (use the F8 key after post but before windows starts) and then starting windows explorer manually, and using a usb flash drive with Combo Fix and Malwarebytes installers. I think Hitman Pro is the best option today

Last edited:
the new moneypak disables all safe modes it just reboots before getting into the safe mode with command prompt
I got it removed already but I just want to have it ready for next time

is there a version of windows I can load on the flash drive so I can boot it up and download the spyware removers as necessary?

I'd say the UBCD is my favorite diagnostic cd that I own.... I should put it on a flash drive but I know it'll get lost if I do

Back
Top Bottom