Will they sue you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

comrad

In Runtime
Do u guys think that Microsoft, RIAA, or any of those companies can or will sue u for downloading or using pirated software or music?Cause people talk about it all the time and i dont know what to say.

No one's really privy to what MS management does about this stuff as policy...but "hiring the most talented hackers and pirates" is most definately a ploy.

1. You can't trust people like that, so why would you hire them into the core of your company?
2. It's easier (and cheaper) to put them in federal prison than pay them the money to keep them loyal and deal with the risks.

microsoft?not likely, not a user or pirate of their garbage they call "great software"

the RIAA or MPAA on the otherhand, they could try, Id be more than happy to go thru litigation, im sure a jury and judge would be thrilled at the lack of hard evidence the RIAA and MPAA is using to coerce settlements from people

I know two parties that have been sued by the RIAA, both got the same attorney and he said sure, lets go to trial, they backed down, my understanding is thats been the RIAA's policy all along too, take what they can get, but keep it out of court, attorneys are $300/hr these days.

unfortunatley for anyone who pirates...it is still illegal and if you do get caught you are screwed big time.

Well the same things goes with drug dealers or organized crime leaders. Many when caught are faced with the option, either rot in prision, or help the authorites. And many choose to help the authorites. I am sure ms can keep a tight watch over some one like this if they hire them. But no one knows for sure if this happens. i assume so because it happens with drug dealers and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom