Wii networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerj14

In Runtime
well my Wii works upstairs in my room I have a router and it connects wirelessly, but i have a smaller tv upstairs and like to play it downstairs.. but I get no connection downstairs im assuming my signal is not strong enough for the wii to pick up.. is there anything I can get??

and also, lets say I have multiple acess points. is it a concern that through each point it will loose some bandwith

well I would think any would do all its doing is boosting the wireless signal but if there is one just for that router then best to get something which is more likly to be compatible.

and to that 2nd point I dont know, I doubt it if you have a 1mb connection+ then everything should be fine.

EDIT: I may be wrong...you might need a wireless signal booster or try a new antenna. Im not sure if using an access point or router would boost the signal or how it`d be setup.

the dlink routers with rangebooster really work. get the draft n version and im sure it will easily have the range. have that here and any comp i put in the basement still gets full signal. thats through concrete

just buy a new antenna. That will be MUCH cheaper than buying a new router!! Or you could try moving you router. Also, try repositioning the antennas so that they point down instead of up.

+1 ^^

The only thing an access point is a mirror of your router... it won't "boost" the signal, it just adds another place to connect to. You have to connect the access point via ethernet, so it would really defeat the purpose.

Get an antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom