Why are you here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait when did we have the option to leave? I was never given that option....

I stay cause i have knowledge and i want to share it. If it wasnt here it was going to be someplace else.

Sadly this site got me hooked and i moved up in the ranks. Wait i mean fortunately. :p

I honestly like helping people when I can.
I also enjoy the infinite knowledge of some of our members.
The forums have been very nice to me especially after my move from the US.
There is always a friendly atmosphere around here which makes being here enjoyable.

Not to mention with Saxon knowing my contact information, I fear the consequences if I were to leave.
"You can check out any time you like, but.."

Wait... we can leave...? :D

I came here with a question, started helping people, and got hooked. I kept coming to see what was new and what was happening. Now I stay because I care about this place and the people here.

Same route I took. Got into the hobby at a somewhat young ago with a lot of questions for building my first rig, started learning a lot from Trot and others, wanted to keep up on new tech, got hooked, learned even more, and stuck around to help. When I get knowledgeable in an area, and help is asked for, I try to give the best input I can, be it working on cars or this. It's another hobby of mine, and I love helping out other people however I can. Be it manual labor or something like this.

I first came here after some googling for tech support for an issue I was having while building a computer for a friend. After a few returns, I found this forum to be filled with opportunities to learn and share my interest in computers and technology.

I quickly found that TF was filled with people you love and people you love to hate. Well hate is a strong word... people you love to disagree with. I spent a lot of time in the off-topic section, lol.

Then I spent a few years working on a separate project (ToV) with a few TF members, really got to know a bunch of great people more personally. (ToV) ran it's course and I found my way "via bread crumbs" back to TF.

The main reason I'm back is because a lot has changed here since I first became a member. I really like the way it's run now "solid core of mods and admins". Larry has obviously shown interest in the community and that goes a long way.

My first post was in November 2008, asking if my ASRock AM2/AM2+ motherboard could support a Phenom processor and a graphics card with GDDR3 memory:p. Now I am hooked. I browse the forum every day. Like people said before me, this place is truly unique and has a great range of character within the members. I really enjoy learning (slooowly but surely) and this forum really has a great atmosphere for it. It's a very respectful place, not childish bs anywhere. The mods do an excellent job. Thanks for keeping this place on the upkeep and I know it will stay that way because like the mods have said...there was no choice given to leave;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom