Why XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree. I've now had this new PC for a couple months and it has NEVER, I repeat NEVER crashed. You people that have your computers crashing all the time probably have like 10GB of shitware.

The one thing Apple did right is get rid of the registry, because then your computer will always run just as fast as it did when you got it.

EDIT- Hehe, I have to go to school or I would have went into more depth. Sorry guys, I know you were wanting another 10 paragrah essay on why registry is bad :(

Been running XP on my computer ever since it came out. and it hasnt EVER given me a BSOD or any form of issue. I have only had to format once, and that was of personal choice.

XP Pro owns...dual boot that sucker with Linux and yous a winner. :D

ADZ said:
Been running XP on my computer ever since it came out. and it hasnt EVER given me a BSOD or any form of issue. I have only had to format once, and that was of personal choice.

XP Pro owns...dual boot that sucker with Linux and yous a winner. :D

Thats right, I have WinXP Pro SP1a, and the days of multiple BSOD's are long over.

The worst thing that happens is that stupid "do you want to report this error" message pops up.. but you can disable that!!

mac_mogul said:
"Mac OS X" because 'X' is the Roman numeral for ten, and ten comes after nine.

They should have called it "Mac OS out of business, because we wont licence out hardware contracts to 3rd party companies, and we like our proprietary hardware just the way it is... Crappy"

That would have been a much better name. :D

Your pc must be poopie for xp to crash ive had xp running on a
166mhz pentium not very fast i admit but it worked.

You must have driver issues xp does not crash in the old sense of the word like 98....there is no blue screen of death.

macs are good machines but expensive with limited software and some serious issues too.

I got myself a mac brand new but 6 months later its in my daughters bedroom i was bored with it

Hmm... everything I start ends up an argument....

WHY?!!!!:mad:

The original Idea was to determine answers for the XP in Windoze XP...

If you're gonna bash macs or PC's, do it in the Mac vs PC thread...:sigh:

lol Extra Poopie... funny.

Well I have to say XP has been great for me so far... I thought 2000 pro was pretty good too. XP does look pretty slick.... M$ sure does know how to make them colors look pretty now don't they....

Based on my personal experience, people who bash Macs saying they are "slow", "behind the tech curve", "bad", "crash filled", etc, often don't have experience with newer Macs. They compare 1998 iMacs (which schools seem to have) running an outdated OS (usually 9 or X before Jaguar) with Windows XP running on a P4 machine. That's what annoys me.

But on topic, it is definetly eXPerience. On the box, I believe that word is there those two letters of the word are coloured red in the otherwise white word. Or if not on the box, then on some logo somewhere (the XP homepage?). Personally, I dislike Windows XP. I find that it gets convoluted too easily, and though vastly improved from Windows 98, it still falls into a kernel panic too easily. The memory allocation is not quite at the level that Panther or most Linux distros are, but it is again, much better then the other Windows editions.

mac_mogul said:
Hmm... everything I start ends up an argument....

WHY?!!!!:mad:

The original Idea was to determine answers for the XP in Windoze XP...

If you're gonna bash macs or PC's, do it in the Mac vs PC thread...:sigh:

Dude...you knew where this was going. Who gives a crap what XP stands for. If you love Macs so much then don't worry about M$ stuff.

Also, don't be such a hypocrit when you know full well spelling Windows the way you do is OS bashing.

Oh, and btw, Macs suck!! If I could build my own Mac then maybe I'd like them just a little bit more but until then.....they just suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom