Why...Why...WHY!....

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm, ice tray is a good idea!

Well, I was going to check for continuity, however I found out once it was a cable jack and not soldered, I wasn't sure what to test :stoopid me:
It powers on w/ batter no problem, power cable was tested on another model with no problems, didn't see any burns on the board so I went another way...ordered a part.

Attachments

• IMG-20101221-00046.jpg
    IMG-20101221-00046.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 59
Lose connector on the device, seen it before I have a thinkpad down atm (not mine its owned by a company I mind) the cable is fine the mobo is fine apart from a week solder joint on the SATA header.

Do a continuity test, just because they look fine doesn't mean they are broken, it could also just be a bad charging circuit as a whole.

My co worker was working in the Dell Break Fix. After you do the same laptop a few dozen times, it's rather easy and it become second nature.

Okay, so I"m not sure if I'm doing this correct.
I've turned the multimeter to 20K Ohm (I have 2000K, 200K, 20K, 2000, 200).
One end is placed here, on each connector

And the other end is placed on the corresponding solder here

Each time the meter reads 0.00 (changes from 1.)

And, that's as far as my knowledge takes me with this.... :S

Set it to that little diode looking guy, touching your leads together will cause it to emit a sound, saying that there are no breaks in the connection.

Setting it to the others, tests for resistance, which, we aren't looking for resistance, we are looking for the ability to pass current, with 0 resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom