Why...Why...WHY!....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have taken my laptops apart millions of times and I have a bag of about 8 screws which have come out but I couldn't figure out where from. Hasn't done any harm yet.... My old acer is awesome if you place it on the desk too hard 4 long screws fall out the bottom with no noticeable affect on hardware but the laptop has had several shots through the fan port as well making it noticeably sticky.

Set it to that little diode looking guy, touching your leads together will cause it to emit a sound, saying that there are no breaks in the connection.

Setting it to the others, tests for resistance, which, we aren't looking for resistance, we are looking for the ability to pass current, with 0 resistance.

Ahhhhh got ya.
Will attempt again tonight.

Well, it doesn't beep at me, but does zero out (it's only a $13 meter).
I also found out earlier that the person actually didn't test the power cable...which they told me they did on another laptop. ugh

As I said on MSN test the adapter I would stick good money on that being the ****ing problem.

Ya, I tested the cable from the wall and it read 119.
I'm not sure how to test the brick to laptop connector though. As in what setting to use on my meter and what it should read.

Well isn't it written on the back of the brick? Like 5V or whatever.

Just set it to 10V range and check for the written voltage and then do amps too.

Use the DC side though.

Reads 000 @ 20, 004 @ 2000m, and 03.7 @ 200m

This is with the bar plugged into the wall.....
once again...faintest idea what this means...and i'm sorry for my noobness. i really am....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom