Why we shouldn't always trust customer reviews and ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
Untitled-10.png

I didn't know coolers should be absolutely dust resistant and I didn't know they could slowly stop working without an outside cause?

Please share some if you see them.
It's particularly good if they claim to be as tech savvy as this guy does.

and it sucks because tons of people hang onto every word of those reviews.. sometimes.
this is one of my personal favorites, props to MoM for sharing the product.

neweggreviewfail.jpg

I just had to LOL at this. This is actually from Amazon, but here we go:

Could be a nice product if it fit, but it doesn't so it is useless. I have the dell Vostro 1700.

^that was a one star review for a 15" laptop sleeve...

On reviews and in life people over rate their tech level IMO. Also people aren't good a being fair in rating products either. I see a ton of people rate products bad not because the core product is bad, but because they want to see other things included (HDMI cable, too expensive, etc). While neweggs policy says that the review needs to be about the product people don't follow that.

It's pretty much sad what you see on neweggs review pages isn't Lex and mom ?
Whenever I order anything from newegg.com I give it the full 30 days before making a review on anything.
I try to keep things as honest as possible and read other people's sorry excuse pf oh boohoo! it won't read my cpu temp, oh god this video card isn't the big stuff like other official sites or magazines call it or is way to loud while surfing the net.
If need be I will offer a little tips in my review otherwise I just let them have it and cry themselves to sleep.
Dear god people, just read the instructions to set the thing up correctly.
If it does in fact screw up on you immediatley which is sometimes common pick up the phone and call tech support directly while the day still has light before 6pm.
Forget the I'll wait until joe the pro gets off break at MSI or antec, leave them a message with a calm description and your cell phone and give them one hour to call back. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom