Why are people so sue happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So neither of you are intrested in my knowledge of roman food stuff's :( see now i feel deflated.

^ Saxon, with deepest regret, I am wholly indebted to your overflowing, vast knowledge of all-things Roman ! Oh, and your slip is showing under your toga, mate

I thought maybe you had been "cleaning" in the sea-mammal tank yet again, mate ;) The toga looks a little soiled

Oh no i just left the pool house the hazmat team are still hard at work i had a rather peculiar incident with a flounder and a lung fish who knew that KY makes them spontaneously explode.

An no the toga is my new moderator work ware gives the boy's more room to breath.

I am not 100% on this but hamburger comes from the melding of the name of the town in Germany Hamburg where the dish can trace it's modern root's although I know there was a roman dish like a hamburger but it was served with fish sauce with a chunk of bread the source i site for this is the roman cook book written by MARCUS GAVIUS APICIUS. And the main meat it was made from was I belive venison rather than beef.

Edit here we go found it:
ISICIA OMENTATA (a kind of Roman Burgers)

(Apic. 2, 1, 7)

Ingredients:
------------
500g minced meat
1 french roll, soaked in white wine
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
50ml Liquamen (can be replaced by 1/2 tsp salt + a little white wine)
some stone-pine kernels and green peppercorns
a little Caroenum
Baking foil

Instructions:
-------------
Mix minced meat with the soaked french roll. Ground spices and mix into
the meat. Form small burgers and put pine kernels and peppercorns into
them. Put them into baking foil and grill them together with Caroenum.

Sometimes i wonder whether your brain is of infinite capacity, you seem to know the answer in minute and exquisite detail on every question asked on TF :p or do you simply quickly google it in and actlike you know it ;)

Neither I just read a lot, and I have a passion for culture an history of the ancient world.

No, I think he knew how to spell "toga" without looking it up :p

Neither I just read a lot, and I have a passion for culture an history of the ancient world.

That's pretty cool, actually. I watch History Channel all the time, well often anyway.

In other words, he invented the ISA bus and so on. But seriously, it is just idiots that want some cash, some times I can understand something like, "hey I am taking you to court because you cut me off and I rear ended you because as you did that, you slammed on your brakes." But most the time, if someone finds out this person has power or money, they jack it up and out the ***.

That's pretty cool, actually. I watch History Channel all the time, well often anyway.

Yea you would be suprised at how much stuff is left over from that time that is non biblical, there is a town not far from Pompeii called herculanium that has a library of sorts and a large number of scrolls where found intact during the 17th - 19th century and have been translated some of them are kinda dull like a guide to the city's water works but there is some really interesting stuff like diary from city officials containing there daily activities. I also have a book that has some translations of remains of letters round in a mile fort on hadrians wall and one of them is a letter home to his family asking him to send socks as it was cold another containing letters from the fort commanders wife to her friend in a near by town asking her if she would like duck or pig when she comes to visit etc. All the little scraps of the past make for interesting reading you see that while life was hard it wasn't much different to modern day life in the day to day aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom