Why are people so sue happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
Why..oh why are people so stupid? Why must they abuse the legal systems?

Yahoo!

This women is sueing "captain crunch" cereals because the name of it is "Captain crunch berries" but "it has no real berries". I know...false advertising..blah blah blah..But it's obvious it doesn't have real berries.

How do people get away with this? Cases like this..and the cases like " Man breaks into house, owner shoots him...robber sues...and most likely wins" seriously make me wonder why our legal system is still around.

I think I'm going to sue some meat factories because "hamburger" has absolutely no ham in it....

Free Money.

Example:
Woman Vs Act of God

We all know that the weather reports are frequently wrong and we take that into account when planning our days, but this was not the case for an Israeli woman who sued a TV station for making an inaccurate prediction. The station predicted good weather but it rained. The woman claimed that the forecast caused her to dress lightly – resulting in her catching the flu, missing a week of work, and spending money on medication. She further claimed that the whole incident caused her stress. She sued for $1,000 – and won.

How do people get away with this? Cases like this..and the cases like " Man breaks into house, owner shoots him...robber sues...and most likely wins" seriously make me wonder why our legal system is still around.

There's at least one real case like that, some guy's cabin kept getting broken into and robbed each week so he set up a trap where if the door were opened a shot gun would fire. So the criminal (same one from all the other robberies) broke in yet again he received a shot gun blast to the abdomen and unbelievably he sued for hundreds of thousands in damages and won. Some victim...

guy should have pointed the gun a lil higher, saved him alot of money!

My neighbour from ****. Long story short was that he was more interested in sueing me for loss of income as appose to getting his computer back. He failed on this because
1. He was not able to proved to the court that he required his computer for his work and how in contributed to lose of income.
2. My comments how he barely knew how to use a computer in the first place. And if he could make a $10000 in 12 months with his computer based on his skills, then i would be able to be a millionare in about 12 months with mine.

Thankfully the judge that threw that claim out. Sadly, I never got paided for my virus removal either.

guy should have pointed the gun a lil higher, saved him alot of money!
Friend of mine who works security as commented that at the gun course that he was doing, some of the people where telling him "If you are going to shoot, shoot to kill. It will save you alot of money in the long run"

Why are people so sue happy?

I'm gonna SUE you for that ! :p Crazy isn't it, all the sue-happy BS, that is. My favorite was always the McDonald's caper, where the woman sued Mickey D's for her burns induced by *duh* HOT coffee that she spilled on herself, she said it didn't say that it was hot ! Which is why they always mark it clearly these days, and every other place does now as well. Oh, and someone else sued MCD's because the cherry pies at the time had a million cherries on the wrapper, so someone counted them all out, and SUED them because the actual # was way less than the pic indicated on the wrapper. Now it just says "cherry pie" LOL

I'm gonna SUE you for that ! :p Crazy isn't it, all the sue-happy BS, that is. My favorite was always the McDonald's caper, where the woman sued Mickey D's for her burns induced by *duh* HOT coffee that she spilled on herself, she said it didn't say that it was hot ! Which is why they always mark it clearly these days, and every other place does now as well. Oh, and someone else sued MCD's because the cherry pies at the time had a million cherries on the wrapper, so someone counted them all out, and SUED them because the actual # was way less than the pic indicated on the wrapper. Now it just says "cherry pie" LOL

Yea..it's stupid. Just like the OP I'm gonna sue some meat plants because hamburger has no ham in it.

People are always looking for a way to make a quick buck. Like the coffee thing..seriously, who wants cold coffee? unless you order iced coffee..you should know that it'll be hot :|

I am not 100% on this but hamburger comes from the melding of the name of the town in Germany Hamburg where the dish can trace it's modern root's although I know there was a roman dish like a hamburger but it was served with fish sauce with a chunk of bread the source i site for this is the roman cook book written by MARCUS GAVIUS APICIUS. And the main meat it was made from was I belive venison rather than beef.

Edit here we go found it:
ISICIA OMENTATA (a kind of Roman Burgers)

(Apic. 2, 1, 7)

Ingredients:
------------
500g minced meat
1 french roll, soaked in white wine
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
50ml Liquamen (can be replaced by 1/2 tsp salt + a little white wine)
some stone-pine kernels and green peppercorns
a little Caroenum
Baking foil

Instructions:
-------------
Mix minced meat with the soaked french roll. Ground spices and mix into
the meat. Form small burgers and put pine kernels and peppercorns into
them. Put them into baking foil and grill them together with Caroenum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom