Why are people so nosy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
It's absolutely amazing how utterly nosy people are.

So, last Sunday my girlfriend and I were out shopping. There was a bargain table at rite-aid and we found a pair of professional hair clippers for 50% off. My girlfriend turned to me and asked, "Did you ever have your head shaved?" I said, "No, not that I can remember. It's been short but not shaved." She said, "I think you'd look really good if you shaved your head."

So... needless to say.... I bought the clippers and we went home and she shaved my head. lol

She gave me a good shave with a #1 attachment which is about 3mm. I took one look in the mirror and I have to say, "I love it". My girlfriend said, "I knew you'd look good". So, I couldn't be happier with my newly shaved head. My girlfriend absolutely loves it. On to my point of this thread...

So Monday I come into work, with my newly shaved head. Here's what people have asked and said in the last two days.

Negative:
1.) WHY did you shave your head?
2.) Are you sick?
3.) Are you joining the army?
4.) Are you joining the military?
5.) What did your mother say?
6.) Did you do that for a fund raiser?
7.) Do you have cancer or something?
8.) Are you a skin head now or something?
9.) Who's your barber?
10.) You shaved your head? You must me lazy...
11.) It doesn't look good on you.
12.) Don't worry it will grow back.
13.) Yikes! What happened to your head?
14.) OMG! I didn't recognize you! Baldy...
15.) Umm.. ok. Someone got a haircut.
16.) Did you lose a bet?
17.) Did you do that for your religion?
18.) I liked your hair longer.
19.) Did the lawn mower get away from you?
20.) Is that the new thing or something?

All those comments are from random clients that I see on a weekly basis. Most of them are from MEN. Only a few are from women.

Most women including my girlfriend have said it looks great. Sexy, clean cut, hot, I love it, very nice, etc...

Why are people so nosy? Why do people feel like they can just say whatever they want to you? The thing that sucks for me is that all those comments have been at work. Because I'd really like to tell people off in a really really sarcastic way.

Do people actually think I give two craps what they think about my hair style? Why do they waste their time and breath trying to be funny? People should just STFU and mind their own business.

/rant

lol

I know what you mean Havoc. I get it all the time myself. I shave my head bald like once every 3 months or so. Everytime i do i get the same thing.

Wife loves it everyone else makes stupid comments like that.

My normal response now is the weed wacker got away from me.

Just to shut people up.

I figure Havoc looks smexy with a chrome dome. ;) Started to give you a call tonight and this would have been the perfect lead-in... but I got busy working ona coupe of computers.

I figure Havoc looks smexy with a chrome dome. ;) Started to give you a call tonight and this would have been the perfect lead-in... but I got busy working ona coupe of computers.

lol, it's not shaven clean. I've still got "some" hair. I work until 11pm so if you're gonna call call my cellphone.

Mak, yeah. I guess I'll just have to get used to it. It's just funny how on a daily basis I go under the radar with simple, "Hi how are you or good evening or good night"... Then you shave your head and all of a sudden it's like everyone is a comedian frozen in the headlights.

Some responses I've thought about...

1.) Why are you asking? Are you writing a book? When it's published, can I get an autographed copy?
2.) My hair will grow back, but you'll still be ugly.
3.) No, I didn't shave my head, It's just Hollywood make-up.
4.) Yea, I shaved my head and next week I'm getting a swastika tattooed on my forehead.

I have thought of those responses as well. I have used somethings very similar.

Are you a reporter?
When did i become famous that the Inquirer wanted to know about me?
Back off Pinocchio, your nose hurts in my eye.
Why do you care?

you know such things as that. For you it will be a temp thing. For me i go through it every few months. Even when i tell people that i dont grow my hair out. 3 months is the longest i have gone without shaving my head. I usually do it once a month. but for some reason they always have to ask when they see me.

Just boggles the mind of people i guess. while others are trying to prevent hair loss here i am trying to get it. I hate my hair, it is natural curly and if i let it grow out it is junk to even try to manage.

So i just keep my head shaved. I got my buzzers and just shave it down every few weeks. Even in the winter. Go outside and you see the steam coming off my head. great times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom