why macs are better than windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont you mean why Macs are better than PCs? Macs are computers, Windows is an OS
well if you want to get into technicalities then a mac is a PC.......PC only stands for "Personal Computer" which has no bearing on OS or equipment used.

This is several years old, but still quite funny. Just keep in mind that back in the day (at least a decade ago), you had to be an über-expert just to know how to work a Windows machine, mainly when it came to installing drivers or fiddling with the startup configuration. Macs, by comparison, were child's play.

PC only stands for "Personal Computer" which has no bearing on OS or equipment used.

A bit off topic, however related to this....... I still get pretty annoyed when people think "x86" and "PC" are the exact same terms.

P.P. Mguire said:
Dont you mean why Macs are better than PCs? Macs are computers, Windows is an OS :confused:

What? Then what is my MacBook Pro called when I'm running Windows on it? Or Linux? Is it a "PC?"

And Linux doesnt have these problems, so no, I'll speak on his behalf that he did not mean "This is why Macs are better than 'PCs'" and that he meant "This is why Mac's are better than Windows."

Martin said:
A bit off topic, however related to this....... I still get pretty annoyed when people think "x86" and "PC" are the exact same terms.

Especially with new Macs being x86 also.

I hate the term "PC" ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom